UK insurance

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hypermiler

Hi all
Just to let you know that I've spent a really frustrating evening trying to sort out insurance for my car - picking it up tomorrow!
I found a few insurers (e.g. Hastings Direct and AA) didn't have a phev as an option on their websites - how annoying as you have to put all your other details in first only to find that you can't go any further as they want you to pick a diesel... Don't know whether many others have had this problem?
I was trying to use quidco, hence going direct rather than using a comparison site.

Anyway, I found that my existing insurer was quite reasonable - RAC - they charged me £25 admin fee (I probably could have haggled) but passed across the credit on my current car which made the new insurance quite painless financially (<£200). Took 25 minutes on the phone though (and its not a freephone number) - angry face! (emoticons don't work on my computer for some reason).
Cheers
H

I was shocked to find my current insurer:Royal Sun Alliance are not yet covering electric or hybrid.
Will start looking elsewhere and the dealer has suggested Mitsubishi's own cover. Anyone else gone down that route?

Hi uptodat, yes I used Mitsi insurance. My premium was somewhat higher than hypermiler's but I have additional drivers and a claim in the history. I did get a few other quotes, including my previous insurer - Admiral - and I did find them to be competitive. Don't accept the first price though - I had a couple of texts with successively lower prices, after I'd already negotiated them down.

Hi Guys, I got the following quotes from "Go compare" for me and wife driving:

Website Annual Premium Proposer Excess Legal Assistance Courtesy Car Windscreen Cover Personal Accident Breakdown Cover What Next

£163.07 Voluntary: £100
Compulsory: £150
Total: £250

£165.47 Voluntary: £100

£165.80 Voluntary: £100

£166.50 Voluntary: £100