V6 engine on Outlander not worth going for?

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dannyboy

In the autoweek review of the Mitsubishi Outlander has come to show that the V6 does't pan well with the Outlander design in general, here is the snippet:

Should you want more, Mitsubishi is happy to offer you an Outlander GT equipped with the company's long-running 3.0-liter V6 backed by a conventional six-speed automatic transmission. Ironically, you don't want it. The V6 has significantly more power and torque on paper, but it doesn't come across in real-world driving; moreover, the automatic is geared for maximum fuel economy leading to lackluster acceleration. Knock 4 mpg off the city fuel economy rating and add a premium fuel recommendation, and the V6 Outlander just doesn't make sense.

Our test drive took us through some twisty canyon roads where Mitsubishi's claimed 220 lbs of weight loss became apparent. The Outlander is actually entertaining to fling around, not on the level of a BRZ but definitely in the same league as the Mazda CX-5; excellent company for a crossover.

http://www.autoweek.com/article/20130318/CARREVIEWS/130319820

I am considering buying the Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV. I can agree upon the fact that Mazda CX-5 is rather an entertaining car than a crossover because a friend of mine holds this car. I heard about Mazda’s pros and cons and I’d rather stick to the Outlander.

Back