Warmer Weather REALLY Makes A Difference

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In the cold of winter my 22 mile round trip to work could just about be done on EV only. Now the wamer weather is here I am finding that I have approx 6 miles range left when I arrive home.

So, lessons learnt
1. Warm weather is GOOD
2. Warm weather = no heating = GOOD
3. B0 is GOOD!

Not put petrol in my car for 7 weeks now.

Happy days indeed

TheMightyKingTubby said:
In the cold of winter my 22 mile round trip to work could just about be done on EV only. Now the wamer weather is here I am finding that I have approx 6 miles range left when I arrive home.

So, lessons learnt
1. Warm weather is GOOD
3. B0 is GOOD!

Happy days indeed

I have recently got my Outlander, so only seeing the benefits of driving it in the warmer weather. I anticipate a steep learning curve on range when winter returns!

The difference is very significant - though I think you were doing extremely well to get 22 miles out of it in the winter months - I reckon I'm doing well to get 16 miles on EV when the temperature is approaching zero.

Normally I got about 38 Kms range out of it in sub-zero temperatures, but I have the version with electric heater.
In summer, not using airco, mostly between 45 and 50.

maby said:
The difference is very significant - though I think you were doing extremely well to get 22 miles out of it in the winter months - I reckon I'm doing well to get 16 miles on EV when the temperature is approaching zero.

If its any consolation, at least that reassures me mine isn't broken as I was getting exactly the same.

TheMightyKingTubby said:
I should have said that I have the GX4H and my drive to work is such that I would struggle to get above 60mph

same here - but I still reckon I'm doing ok if I get 16 miles on EV in cold weather.

Yes, great difference. Finally able to do most
days trips with 0.0 l/km fuel burned. :)

Over 1100km on half tank in May.

mocara said:
TheMightyKingTubby said:

So, lessons learnt
1. Warm weather is GOOD
3. B0 is GOOD!

Happy days indeed

I have recently got my Outlander, so only seeing the benefits of driving it in the warmer weather. I anticipate a steep learning curve on range when winter returns!

I wouldnt stress too much about day to day economy. The difference will be seen over a longer period.

Back