Wash And Wax Recommendation??

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Goldfinger

Anyone any idea what the dealers use to wash the cars in???

Had a few showers over the weekend and the rain just seem to dance off the car.... :shock:

Even when I've used normal W&W, rain seems to still stick to the car. :x

So, without having to spend hours and hours, probably every weekend cleaning the car...

What works for you...???

I love Turtle Ice Wax - easy to use, and three or four times a year will keep your motor looking like new!
Does paintwork, rubber and plastic, even in sunshine, and goes on - and off - with not a lot of effort. Don't put it on your windows though!

http://www.turtlewaxeurope.com/products/product-page/2012/05/02/ice-synthetic-liquid-car-wax-1litre

goldfinger..... same here too on glacial blue, slight dirt sticks to rear tailgate nothing anywhere else, paint work shines as new despite all the shara sand and motorway driving in the rain etc.

yet prior to delivery saw some really filthy ones on m25 once.

I used Blackfire protection\sealant on my black paint, after noticing a white scratch on the front wing, and white stone chip on passenger door.(yup, I agree with the cries of 'thin paint on the black ones'!)

http://www.autogeek.net/blackfire-wet-diamond-sealant.html

Note, I didn't buy from the link above, I got it on eBay, but posted that link to illustrate which Blackfire product I used (there are many different 'varieties'). I initially applied it having first used the Blackfire shine enhancing polish, but found that the using the polish first made little difference to the finish overall, so the second half of the car has just the sealant on it, and looks exactly the same as the half that I used the polish on first.

First (and only, so far)wash since application just needed a hose and sponge to clean, no shampoo necessary :D The bugs certainly don't stick to the front anymore, unlike the windscreen...

Can't say it's any better than cheaper alternatives though, but it seems to do the job.

Back