What cable(s) do I need?

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wobblydeb

Just need to sign the forms and our new GX4h will be on order!

I will be using the CYC network of chargers most weekdays, a 7.0kW type 2 connector I believe.

On longer journeys I would like to use the Ecotricity network on the A1M, M1, M18, M40, M4. This will only be a couple of times per year, so less important to get charged.

Can I get one cable to cover both of those? Or is the Ecotricity motorway network mostly tethered? There is nothing to say this on their website. :?

Wobblydeb said:
Just need to sign the forms and our new GX4h will be on order!

I will be using the CYC network of chargers most weekdays, a 7.0kW type 2 connector I believe.

On longer journeys I would like to use the Ecotricity network on the A1M, M1, M18, M40, M4. This will only be a couple of times per year, so less important to get charged.

Can I get one cable to cover both of those? Or is the Ecotricity motorway network mostly tethered? There is nothing to say this on their website. :?

You need a 'type 2 to type 1 cable' for the CYC posts. Just google it, I think they're about £150-160, although it looks like they might have come down a bit since I bought one :roll:

The Ecotricity chargers ('rapids') have tethered leads.

Do you have the requisite RFID cards? I *think* you can use the CYC card on the Ecotricity network but I don't use it often enough to be sure!

I just bought one of these, in orange. It's very well made and does the job! Certainly don't pay the Mitsubishi dealer prices.

https://evconnectors.com/index.php?route=product/product&filter_name=j1772&product_id=122

Back