What I would change about my PHEV after 12,000km

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This discussion has become surreal.

Putting petrol in cars is such a foreign concept for a dealer, which sells cars, which need to have petrol put in them, which arrive at the dealer with an empty fuel tank, when they are delivered new, which run out of fuel after the car has been demonstrated etc. etc. etc.

Should I also point out that Mitsubishi dealers also sell electric vehicles, and need to be able to charge them?

Of course they could always pay much much more to buy fuel at retail price, and pay people to cart petrol back and forth in cans.

Next time you're at your dealer, ask them where their fuel pump is...

God help your employer/customers.

AndyInOz said:
This discussion has become surreal.

Putting petrol in cars is such a foreign concept for a dealer, which sells cars, which need to have petrol put in them, which arrive at the dealer with an empty fuel tank, when they are delivered new, which run out of fuel after the car has been demonstrated etc. etc. etc.

Should I also point out that Mitsubishi dealers also sell electric vehicles, and need to be able to charge them?

Of course they could always pay much much more to buy fuel at retail price, and pay people to cart petrol back and forth in cans.

Next time you're at your dealer, ask them where their fuel pump is...

God help your employer/customers.

Indeed. Of course a dealer will have a charge point. They need it for their own stock of electric vehicles and for BMU procedures. And of course they will facilitate a customer if needed.

jaapv said:
Indeed. Of course a dealer will have a charge point. They need it for their own stock of electric vehicles and for BMU procedures. And of course they will facilitate a customer if needed.

All the more reason NOT to tie up a scarce and expensive resource for customer cars!

It's an old discussion, but nevertheless I want to add that:
  • I always get a full charge when picking up one of our Outlanders or any of our other electric vehicles (BMW i3s, Peugeot e-Traveller, Street Scooter Work, Smart EQ, Mazda MX-30) from service at an authorized garage
  • I rarely get a full charge when picking up the vehicle from an independent garage.
  • I always get a full charge when I buy a new or used vehicle on pick up, bit I also always ask for it
  • the customer pays for everything, even if it is a hidden cost... because as a matter of fact the customers pay for everything. I own an engineering company. One time when discussing with the buyer of one of my customers - him refusing to pay for the trucking of the equipment - I joked and said customers pay everything, even the expensive drinks in Saint Tropez I had last summer vacation LOL

On second thought... what I would change about my PHEV after 12,000km...

I would change the female company on the passenger seat. :cool:

I would move the USB port out of the storage area. It is a pain if you have a thumb drive in the port. Build them with no 3rd row seat to increase storage area. They need a switch to keep them in electric mode as long as the battery has a charge.

I'd probably want to change the battery from 12 kWh to the 13.8 kWh. I guess that would allow me to do 10 km more. Not much but it would help in certain situations.

I would be sooooo happy if the car had a working ACC... Because what Mitsubishi built does not deserve the word 'working'.
The distance settings are ridiculous and the way it works too.
Speeds towards head up traffic, then slams on the brake... And stays on the brake forever.
My BMW slows down for head up traffic, but immediately starts accelerating as soon as I set the signal for a lane change.
Mitsubishi stays on the brake 'forever' after a lane change....

I would be happy just to part-exchange my 2017 PHEV (bought new in Dec 2017) for a 2024 model, in the UK, from a UK dealer. I've been very happy to drive the Outlander and will continue to do so as long as it remains reliable and as long as I have a local ex-Mistubishi dealer who can service it (another dealer, a family firm that I bought it from, is already out of business largely because Mitsubishi pulled the rug from under their feet). Unhappy that Mitsubishi opted totally out of the UK market. I've had many other cars in the last 40 years, VW, Mercedes, Audi, Landrover, Rover/MG, Honda, but the Mitsubishi has fitted my needs the best of the lot.

Back