What's left in the fuel tank?

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SolarBoy

Having read that the fuel gauge is rather pessimistic, has anyone got guidance as to how much fuel each division represents on the gauge?

A few longer motorway journeys have used up some liquid dinosaur, though I'm loath to refuel just to carry around the extra weight.

eupw2c.jpg

My other question is, what happens to tell you that you really really need to add top up?

Fankoo!

I have only needed to refuel once (in almost 6000km) then I was scary low on the meeter, and was able to fill 39 liters, the tank is 45 liter, so i still had 6 liters left.
Then i had to fill for the reason "Burning old fuel", If you do not refill during 3 months, this warning will appear, and you then need to refill minimum 15 liters to get the ICE to shut down.
When i filled 15 liters Before the lamp was lit, the meter Went one bar higher than half, so it looks like the meter is rather exact on 20 liters on half.
I also have a 2016 model.

I find the meter overly cautious as the MMCS starts to beep and the fuel bar starts to blink when low. Also the range goes into "---" display mode. The longest distance I have dared to drive is 420 kilometres (highway only) and then I still had 7-8 liters fuel left in the tank. -14 model.

When the car is telling you that you are driving on fumes you usually have about five litres left. Having said that, I do have a spare fuel canister with me.

Back