Where/how are you mounting your phone in the PHEV?

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 258

Hi,
In previous cars I've always managed to find some gap to wedge my phone in, close enough to see the screen, and near a 12v outlet. In the PHEV I'm struggling. The bottle holders in front of the gear joystick were the obvious place but they are too deep and cover part of the screen while allowing the phone to slide around too much.
I bought a suction holder but the only place I can find to hold it reasonably (I don't like attachments to the windscreen) is on the section of dash above the cupholders that faces down (near the button that disables the auto tailgate). Seems OK but not perfect. Just wondered what others were doing?
Kind regards,
Mark

With bluetooth, why do you need to see the phone? I haven't seen the level of phone integration in the Outlander but in my Prius, the phone stays in my pocket.

Hi,
For short trips my phone does indeed stay in my pocket. On longer trips I like to use Waze for navigation on my phone.
Kind regards,
Mark

I also use Waze on my phone. I use a suction cup holder in the windscreen. After a while you won't notice it's there.

Fragge said:
I also use Waze on my phone. I use a suction cup holder in the windscreen. After a while you won't notice it's there.
Hi,
I did try the suction holder on the screen (even though I don't really like them there) but as my phone is a tad on the large side (Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (5.5" screen)) I found that it did block my view more than I found aceptable.
I was hoping the suction cup I ordered would stick to the bottom of the cup holders and hold the phone above them. Unfortuneatley the bracket is too short to reach above the cup holder.
Kind regards,
Mark

Doesn't the phone information, such as contacts, appear on the MMCS screen?

Mark,

I've used the 'Brodit Proclip' mounts in other vehicles with success - no permanent trace of fixing and quite robust. See here for the Outlander:
http://tinyurl.com/olvgvpm and scroll down for options. I don't have my PHEV yet, so can't confirm whether the clips shown are compatible. Once you have the base clip / position sorted, you get a Brodit mount specific for the device you have, and some have the power supply incorporated. Not a cheap solution, but they work well. No connection here to the company.

Cheers, Andy

Stu said:

I certainly hope so. And I'm also hoping the MMCS will read email from my bluetoothed BlackBerry, as currently in the BMW iDrive system. As for nav, the MMCS system was pretty good in the limited time I had the demo car for a weekend and 300 miles!

Stu said:
Unfortunately not (well, maybe if you switch all the way to the Phone, I never tried that, too much hassle.) . The voice control handles the caller list reasonably well, that is all. The Phone system of this car is not amongst the most briljant, I am sorry to say.

jaapv said:
Stu said:
Unfortunately not (well, maybe if you switch all the way to the Phone, I never tried that, too much hassle.) . The voice control handles the caller list reasonably well, that is all. The Phone system of this car is not amongst the most briljant, I am sorry to say.

I was starting to suspect this might be the case as the online videos of the phone integration don't show any interaction between the phone and the MMCS display screen.

Is there any way to know where an incoming call is coming from, other than look at the phone itself?

Not sure if they'll ship to you guys, but I use www.holdmyphone.com.au. They have fit my last 4 cars, and fit heaps of others... They are robust, look good and are quite sturdy when installed, and like I said, I've been using them for the last 5 years. I've got no affiliation with them, just a happy and satisfied customer.

Fortune7 said:
Mark,

I've used the 'Brodit Proclip' mounts in other vehicles with success - no permanent trace of fixing and quite robust. See here for the Outlander:
http://tinyurl.com/olvgvpm and scroll down for options. I don't have my PHEV yet, so can't confirm whether the clips shown are compatible. Once you have the base clip / position sorted, you get a Brodit mount specific for the device you have, and some have the power supply incorporated. Not a cheap solution, but they work well. No connection here to the company.

Cheers, Andy

My post above and these guys are exactly the same,a aide from they have a left hand side mount, which is probably the one I will go for, as I have an aversion of things being that close to the windows...

I use Brodit for Mitsubishi use. Works very ok. Mounted on the dashboard below the air and to the right. No disturbence for me or passenger. I use waze a lot.

Back