where I can find a MMCS?

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mdejon

Hi,

I recent buy my 2015 PHEV, and it cames with a regular multimedia system, same that an "gas outlander" With no "PHEV" features or energy infos. :evil: :evil:

Is there anyplace or anyone that sells and send it do me (Rio de Janeiro, Brazil) the original Outlander PHEV Mitsubishi Multimedia Communication System?

If you don't have a MMCS (I presume you've got a GX3h), then I don't think you can simply replace your Multimedia system for a MMCS. There's a lot of inter-communication with the car's computers that probably require input from Mitsubishi to effect. I may be wrong of course - I often am!!!

The MMCS has integrated GPS maps. The maps for your country may not be supported. AUS maps are pretty old and out of date.

A better option may be to use a tablet and EvBatMon with an OBD interface for the EV data, and use Torque PRO with the same OBD interface and tablet for any petrol data. These are Android apps.

I have mounted a tablet in front of the MMCS on my PHEV. It sits in a slot and can be removed when the reversing camera is needed.

Many drivers have a long checklist of button presses before heading off, and using a 3rd party app for instrumentation adds to this, but IMHO is worth it for all the benefits.

I have the Gx3h and have never felt I am "missing out" by not having the MMCS - except all the added frustration :lol:

I have a Gx3H , the seller told me to not have maps of GPS for Costa Rica, so the option of using an OBD interace, evbatmon is good. I would like to know how to place the tablet on the multimedia system .

gwatpe said:
The MMCS has integrated GPS maps. The maps for your country may not be supported. AUS maps are pretty old and out of date.

A better option may be to use a tablet and EvBatMon with an OBD interface for the EV data, and use Torque PRO with the same OBD interface and tablet for any petrol data. These are Android apps.

I have mounted a tablet in front of the MMCS on my PHEV. It sits in a slot and can be removed when the reversing camera is needed.

Many drivers have a long checklist of button presses before heading off, and using a 3rd party app for instrumentation adds to this, but IMHO is worth it for all the benefits.
I can't say that the maps are out of date insofar as navigation maps are up to date; the cars come with the current edition of Naviteq, suppliers of a large number of car brands, and I got a free update to the latest version last year.
Which is obviously out of date by now again. The number of road reconstructions in our area has been rather high.

Mdejon said:
using this OBD interface with a iphone?

EvBatMon is the only App which can access PHEV data and is only currently available for Android devices, however if it is successful and there is sufficient interest in an iOS version it can be ported to iOS relatively easily.

If you are looking to emulate some of the MMCS functionality, I would suggest a cheap Android tablet rather than a phone due to a more practical screen size, and 7" tablets usually retail for US$50 or less (not sure what is available to you in Rio?).

Gwatpe may upload an image of how he has mounted his tablet? I just sit mine in the cup holders however its a bit low, and means drinks need to be placed in the door holders which is not as convenient.

You can use the OBD with iPhone, because communication is WiFi. The EvBatMon application only works on Android, like Torque PRO. In a forum post is discussed an application that you can use with IOS.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1013773

Whiteman988 said:
In a forum post is discussed an application that you can use with IOS.
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1013773

This iOS app will show you the standard speed, fuel etc for the PHEV, however Mitsubishi didn't use the standard methods for the PHEV specific data like its battery and E-motors. So a standard app like Torque will not work for PHEV specific data, and that seems to be what the Rio owner wants to access?

Zzcoopej is right. I tested a lot with at least 5 different apps, both iOS and android. Non of them is capable of handling the PHEV specific ECUs. This is why I built a protocol converter myself that sits between Torque Pro and the adapter, which eventually led to the development of EVBatMon by zzcoopej.

BTW: I don't think the problem is caused by Mitsubishi using non standard methods, by the apps being tested with standard motor and transmission ECUs. For example, many adapters say they support multi frame responses. True, but these are enabled only for the motor and transmission ECU. For all others they have to be turned on by the app. And the apps don't do that.

Will get a pic of how my tablet is mounted tomorrow. I was concerned about an enforcement officer peering into the car and seeing a phone in use. Please explains do not go that well for a driver. My setup looks just like the MMCS from outside the drivers window.

Back