WiFi Kills Apps

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As a matter of fact, the EVMiEV ECU (the ECU that controls the whole WiFi setup exposes these attributes (among others):

411.Device 1 MAC address(top 6) ****

412.Device 1 MAC address(under 6) ****

421.Device 2 MAC address(top 6) ****

422.Device 2 MAC address(under 6) ****

There are no MAC addresses stored for devices 3 or higher. Myth confirmed :mrgreen:

ClasseClas said:
For Android I use "AutomateIT". Whenever I enter my car and hook up to Bluetooth, wifi is turned off. And then when I leave my car the Bluetooth connection drops and wifi is turned on again. Works like a charm. Thanks "Manor" for the tip.
http://www.myoutlanderphev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=19277#p19277

Hi! ive downloaded the app, can you help me step by step on how to do it with the Mitsubishi PHEV about connecting automatically to cars Bluetooth and same time disconnecting from the cars wifi when I step in the vehicle and vice versa when im getting out of the car
Cant seem to do it, sorry but not techie type of person.
thanks for your help.
;)

angelica02 said:
ClasseClas said:
For Android I use "AutomateIT". Whenever I enter my car and hook up to Bluetooth, wifi is turned off. And then when I leave my car the Bluetooth connection drops and wifi is turned on again. Works like a charm. Thanks "Manor" for the tip.

Hi! ive downloaded the app, can you help me step by step on how to do it with the Mitsubishi PHEV about connecting automatically to cars Bluetooth and same time disconnecting from the cars wifi when I step in the vehicle and vice versa when im getting out of the car
thanks for your help.
;)
Hi!

This is the way how I did it. Define two different rules; one for "wifi off" and one for "wifi on" for your phone. The trigger is that your PHEV Bluetooth device (Hands Free System) is either connected or disconnected.
Please check my screen shot. Hope you get it! :)
Link

angelica02 said:
ClasseClas said:

thanks for your help.
;)

Within AutomateIt, you need to use the ‘Add Rule’ button to create two new rules:
1. Choose the trigger as ‘Bluetooth Device Connected Trigger’ and select the car’s Bluetooth. Press Next, and then choose the Action as ‘Set WiFi State Action’ and select this as WiFi Disabled. Press the Save icon top right.
2. Basically the reverse of the above, i.e. set the trigger as ‘Bluetooth Device Disconnected Trigger’, and set the Action as WiFi enabled.
I’ve been using this for a while and it works like a treat.

geoffshep69 said:
angelica02 said:
ClasseClas said:

thanks for your help.
;)

Within AutomateIt, you need to use the ‘Add Rule’ button to create two new rules:
1. Choose the trigger as ‘Bluetooth Device Connected Trigger’ and select the car’s Bluetooth. Press Next, and then choose the Action as ‘Set WiFi State Action’ and select this as WiFi Disabled. Press the Save icon top right.
2. Basically the reverse of the above, i.e. set the trigger as ‘Bluetooth Device Disconnected Trigger’, and set the Action as WiFi enabled.
I’ve been using this for a while and it works like a treat.

thanks for the help. ive done it...
works fab :)

Back