Wifi problem

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jan44

Wifi and iPhone app work ok, but when driving, the wifi hotspot in car remains active and fools an iPhone into thinking it has Internet access via wifi (which of course it doesn't ). So my iPhone doesn't use 3G or 4g to go to Internet. There is no value in having wifi active when car us running so please Mitsubishi make an upgrade to turn wifi off while in motion.

Hi

79p for an app which switches off the automatic connection(s). It's called 'WiFi Priority'. Works perfectly and on the occasions where i need to connect can do so manually. Also means that when you get into the house your iphone automatically connects to your home network.

RichM said:
Hi

79p for an app which switches off the automatic connection(s). It's called 'WiFi Priority'. Works perfectly and on the occasions where i need to connect can do so manually. Also means that when you get into the house your iphone automatically connects to your home network.
There are lots of settings, for things like WEP, or WPA, etc. Does anyone know what the actual settings are to get this app working properly?

Thanks.

RichM said:
Hi

Hi, does anyone have any idea on how to resolve the same issue on an Android phone? I cannot seem to find a similar app :(

Really annoyed by not having Internet while in the car and all the bluetooth disconnects happening due to the WIFI bug......

\\Anders

agerdin said:
RichM said:
Hi

Hi, does anyone have any idea on how to resolve the same issue on an Android phone? I cannot seem to find a similar app :(

Really annoyed by not having Internet while in the car and all the bluetooth disconnects happening due to the WIFI bug......

\\Anders

Tasker will do it fine - I had it configured to detect that I'm in the car by the presence of the Bluetooth and to turn off the Wifi - as well as changing other settings like in-car mode and the home screen. It works well, but does suck the phone battery down more than I was prepared to accept.

I just leave wifi turned OFF on my Android phone, unless I am at home, and even then just to allow updates. I can set priorities for wifi, but find that the battery in the phone lasts longer with wifi off. The same problem happens in cities with all the "FREE" with strings wifi.

maby said:
Tasker will do it fine - I had it configured to detect that I'm in the car by the presence of the Bluetooth and to turn off the Wifi - as well as changing other settings like in-car mode and the home screen. It works well, but does suck the phone battery down more than I was prepared to accept.

Thanks, Yes, im aware that this can be done by tasker app but I really think that an easier approach must be available. And especially if the tasker option drains battery its not the route I want to take.

gwatpe said:
I just leave wifi turned OFF on my Android phone, unless I am at home, and even then just to allow updates. I can set priorities for wifi, but find that the battery in the phone lasts longer with wifi off. The same problem happens in cities with all the "FREE" with strings wifi.

Sure, but this requires a manual activity and I constantly forget to do this.

Hi,

I'm using an app similar to Tasker with the name AutomateIT Pro.
I find it way easier to set up than Tasker, but have some limitations compared to Tasker (but not in solving this..).

I turn of WiFi when connecting to Bluetooth in the car...as well as some other settings I prefer when in the car.

AutomateIT could also be downloaded for free with some limitations...

I've been running it for years and on four different Android phones, and don't have any issues at all with the battery consumption. I think I have sixteen different "rules" set up that solves a lot of small issues. To me the Pro version is well spent money.

Manor said:
Hi,

I find it way easier to set up than Tasker, but have some limitations compared to Tasker (but not in solving this..).

I turn of WiFi when connecting to Bluetooth in the car...as well as some other settings I prefer when in the car.

I've been running it for years and on four different Android phones, and don't have any issues at all with the battery consumption. I think I have sixteen different "rules" set up that solves a lot of small issues. To me the Pro version is well spent money.

Many thanks for the tip on AutomateIT. Have tried it for some time now and it works very well. No noticable battery drain either.

Thanks,

\\Agerdin

agerdin said:
Manor said:
Hi,

Many thanks for the tip on AutomateIT. Have tried it for some time now and it works very well. No noticable battery drain either.

Thanks,

\\Agerdin
It made my day too. Thanks! :D

Back