Won't charge unless you discconnect and reconnect 12V Battery

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

menzic

Hi Everyone,

Interesting issue. My wife's car wouldn't start charging, I tried disconnecting and reconnecting the 12v battery and it started charging and completed.

Tried charging again yesterday and came out today to find it hadn't charged. I suspect doing the battery trick will work, but does anyone know why, or if there is a way around it?

Many thanks!

Disconnecting the battery clears any fault messages on the system.

You car may not be charging because there is something wrong with the charging setup.

You're better off finding out what the error is, rather than just clearing it by disconnecting the battery.

Most common reported faults have been damaged cables, and pins that have moved in the connectors.

Disconnecting the battery clears any fault messages on the system.

You car may not be charging because there is something wrong with the charging setup.

You're better off finding out what the error is, rather than just clearing it by disconnecting the battery.

Most common reported faults have been damaged cables, and pins that have moved in the connectors.
Thank you for the reply, I will check out the pins and see if there is anything obvious. The charge cable was stuck, so could be all the wiggling about caused some harm

Back