worth every penny!

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maby

Well, I woke up this morning at 5:45 as usual, getting ready to take my wife to the station. I looked out and saw frost for the first time this year - all the cars well iced up. I grabbed my phone, connected to the car and turned the heating on before getting in the shower. Fifteen minutes and a cup of tea later, we went out and hopped into a warm car with clear windows, nodding to our neighbour who was scraping his windscreen.

Worth every penny - I'm almost looking forward to winter!

I haven't yet had the frost in North Wales, but enjoy getting into a warm car each morning (using the preheat timers in the car, haven't bothered with the app yet). I have it on "Heater" mode rather than "Defrost" or "AC", but I assume I should change this to "Defrost" for more quicker windscreen clearing when the frosts start?

I put it on heater before I went into the shower, then flipped it to defrost while I drank my tea... That seemed to produce a good result, but it was my first experience of a frosty morning and, being realistic about it, the temperature was only just down to zero - in mid January, it may take a bit longer!

I expect it may need two or three consecutive defrost cycles in the depths of winter, especially to melt that difficult-to-scrape ice you get when it has rained during a sub-zero night.....

Remote App for a GX3h

Darling, can you go and heat and defrost the car please while I get ready for work?

Yes dear.

Thanks for that, and on the way back in can you unplug the cable please?

No problems dear.

Bet your iPhone can't do the 2nd bit for you!!

The app actually only progammes the in-car system. I realised this when I had sent the settings from the app and then checked in the car to see that the in-car system had been set by the app.

So it does not make a difference whether you use the app or in-car to set-up the pre-heat.

What I haven't tried yet is to leave the seat heaters on when I leave the car to see if the pre-heat energizes these too as that would be very nice. Last couple of mornings my daughter and I have had the seat heaters on for half the journey to school - very nice.

CJ

Ozukus said:
Remote App for a GX3h

Darling, can you go and heat and defrost the car please while I get ready for work?

Yes dear.

Thanks for that, and on the way back in can you unplug the cable please?

No problems dear.

Bet your iPhone can't do the 2nd bit for you!!

Sadly I have a feeling my model will malfunction when I ask her to do this :p maybe I need that new update fix when the PHEV lands, of course you can get some new shoes :mrgreen:

I'm very jealous of this option, but I got a good deal on the 3h so couldn't justify the extra £100 a month it would have cost me for the 4h, that's a lot of money I can spend on a good coat for winter ice scraping!

Back