Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

It is currently Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:19 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: B0, B1, ... , or B5
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:53 am 

If I look in the manual and also my dealer told me it does.

2019 Top

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:11 am 

Mitch wrote:
elm70 wrote:
For what I have notice, people that use B5 regularly have got their battery to degradate faster then other

The best batteries are from people which don't touch the B setting.

This must be wrong, because even in D, if you push the break pedal, it will do up to B5 automatically.

Just actually been trying this on one of the 2017MY's. According to the regen power "dial" on the dash, there is no difference in the amount of regen power absorbed whilst footbraking on B0 or footbraking on B5. Both flip it up to about 30 kW.

We have some fairly hilly country up here in Scotland, and I have rarely seen B5 only braking (no footbrake) pushing it over 30 kW. In fact, the highest it ever showed on regen was as a result of some hefty footbraking.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:20 am 

Mitch wrote:
If I look in the manual and also my dealer told me it does.

Dealers can't be trusted :lol: The manual shouldn't be trusted. Where does it say so? Maybe the my19 is different, but I am quite sure about the older models.

Has been discussed here and in other places more than once.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:22 am 

but you see it also on the Charge-Meter.
If you tap on the break, the meter goes up like on B5, which makes sense because breaking slowly means nothing else then regen like B1 to B5). Only if you tap hard on the pedal, it will use the conventional breaks.

2019 Top

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:58 am 

On my 2015 car, B0 is nothing like B5. Pressing the brake in B0 adds at most 10kW of regen. Simply releasing the accelerator pedal in B5 adds over 30kW of regen, and pressing the brake takes it closer to (or over) 40kW.

You may have speed, but I have momentum...

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:17 pm 

Mitch wrote:
Only if you tap hard on the pedal, it will use the conventional breaks.
How do you know when this happens? FYI: I have my own set of OBD tools that allow me to actually monitor pressure in the brake line while driving, so I know EXACTLY when the brakes are applied.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:19 pm 

ThudnBlundr wrote:
On my 2015 car, B0 is nothing like B5. Pressing the brake in B0 adds at most 10kW of regen. Simply releasing the accelerator pedal in B5 adds over 30kW of regen, and pressing the brake takes it closer to (or over) 40kW.
Exactly. Although ... with my battery health going sour, B5 is not what it used to be anymore, to the extend that B5 + braking has been reduced to B1 + braking. But it used to be much more. And maybe even B1 + braking is slightly less than it used to be. Hard to tell.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:18 pm 

anko wrote:
Exactly. Although ... with my battery health going sour, B5 is not what it used to be anymore, to the extend that B5 + braking has been reduced to B1 + braking. But it used to be much more. And maybe even B1 + braking is slightly less than it used to be. Hard to tell.

How do you know if this is due to battery "age" ... instead of weather ?

Now in winter our battery have much higher IR, so it is normal that regen is limited

In a driving graph that you shared before winter, it was showing regen power above 35kw , and this as far as I know it is possible only above B2

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:40 pm 

elm70 wrote:
anko wrote:

How do you know if this is due to battery "age" ... instead of weather ?

Now in winter our battery have much higher IR, so it is normal that regen is limited

Because I this is not something that started recently. As a matter of fact, I first reported this issue to Mitsubishi in June this year. And previous winters, I could always notice a difference between high and low B settings. Regardless of temperature. But not anymore. And at 10 deg C it is hardly winter anyway ;)

elm70 wrote:
In a driving graph that you shared before winter, it was showing regen power above 35kw , and this as far as I know it is possible only above B2
Not sure when / where I did this. But are you sure it was a recent graph and not something from the past?