Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

It is currently Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:08 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: I finally got to drive the PHEV again!
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:08 pm 

My first drive from LA to Las Vegas was 17 years ago, in the manly Ute. Same 80mph (130kph) and topping 95mph (150kph) all odometer speed. It has the V6 4.2L engine and...
15.3367 mpg (15.3367 L/100km, just playing a litte with numbers). The 20ga (75L) of fuel tank allows me to drive non stop all the way to Vegas. Looks like I am still taking unnecessary risk after getting married and having two daughters...

On this week, I have noted there were a couple of Tesla Model 3 going slow in the right lane. If I were driving Tesla to Las Vegas and don’t want to stop, I would be surely at 70mph or less seeking for maximum efficiency. Even the long range 310miles (500km) version, there is not much margin for a 250-mile (400km) trip, going uphill and heater on. PHEV have more options...

Next time I will slow down to 70mph (112kph) to see the difference on the efficiency and, hopefully, to grow my wisdom by driving slower. I predict the same 8L/100km or less (possible more significant regen going down hill). Or I will just go 80mph (130kph) again and see if I get better efficiency once the engine is breaking in...It is has less than 1000miles before this trip.

Tai

Ps. I was in the monorail and it actually goes on top and thru MGM (and other pools) in the back of hotel...I bet in the summer, the view is much better!