How to have a 360° view while you drive?

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NS633

In my vehicle,I can use this surrounding camera only if you are driving slow(below 10kmph).And when you exceed 10kmpH,I can switch ON only the left side camera.But then I see a Black screen on the diagram which normally shows the front camera view.
If you are not driving it,when you're in P mode(parking) it only stays 20 seconds!
Any setting to be made?

jaapv said:
Well, you ARE supposed to keep your eyes on the road and not on the screen when driving...

Yeah true... But it's nice to have a 360° view of your vehicle when you're driving it :D
I like the 360° appearance of the TOYOTA HARRIER!

It would be very useful in London (where cyclists are not as disciplined as in Holland) as I continually lose bikes in the wing mirror blind spots - so that I HAVE TO take my eyes off the road to look over my left & right shoulders. :eek:

Yes- that would be useful, a dedicated blind spot camera like Jaguar has... There are little blind spot mirrors that one can stick onto the regular ones.

Does anyone's vehicle equipped with a 360° camera which can be turned ON while you drive?
I need to know whether my vehicle is different from yours.

NS633,

As you have stated in other posts, you live in Sri Lanka, your car is a Japanese home market import, and one of a kind in your country - how would we know if our cars are the same as yours? Legal requirements vary from country to country and whilst they may be members, I have never seen a contribution from a Japanese resident. It is highly unlikely that you can have the cameras on whilst driving, I'm pretty sure European legislation would ban that outright!

Harsh as it may seem, you are on your own with a Grey Import, you should have waited until the car was officially launched in your country and bought a car specified and supported for use there. Whilst it may not be the case now, a few years ago Japanese home market cars being brought into the UK needed their brakes uprating, rear fog lights fitting and other work just to be road legal.

Regards,

Steel188 said:
NS633,

As you have stated in other posts, you live in Sri Lanka, your car is a Japanese home market import, and one of a kind in your country - how would we know if our cars are the same as yours? Legal requirements vary from country to country and whilst they may be members, I have never seen a contribution from a Japanese resident. It is highly unlikely that you can have the cameras on whilst driving, I'm pretty sure European legislation would ban that outright!

Harsh as it may seem, you are on your own with a Grey Import, you should have waited until the car was officially launched in your country and bought a car specified and supported for use there. Whilst it may not be the case now, a few years ago Japanese home market cars being brought into the UK needed their brakes uprating, rear fog lights fitting and other work just to be road legal.

Regards,

But the thing is,my local agent does not give all the options which I have in my current vehicle.
And the Body kit!
But I found out that my Outlander is different from yours.
I don't have these options comparing with the international release!
Reversing sensors
English MMCS
Bright DRL's

There could be more!
Just have to figure out the rest....

I'm sorry, this sounds very bad,but you only have yourself to blame. Within 30 seconds on Google I found that the car is officially available in Sri Lanka, you have a choice of dealers and there is a good supply of new and used vehicles for sale.

Your own vanity in wanting a body kit lead you to import a car from a different market, that uses a language few outside its home country can read, where car specs are notoriously fickle and different to the rest of the world - what did you expect?

Will your dealer support the warranty? If the answer is yes,how can they when so many parts are different to local cars?

For such a major investment you obviously did little serious research into the specification differences and what that would mean for day to day living with the car. Surely having a vehicle with a local warranty, that can talk to you in a language you understand so you can programme and control it properly is more important that some overpriced plastic add ons?

Steel188 said:
I'm sorry, this sounds very bad,but you only have yourself to blame. Within 30 seconds on Google I found that the car is officially available in Sri Lanka, you have a choice of dealers and there is a good supply of new and used vehicles for sale.

Your own vanity in wanting a body kit lead you to import a car from a different market, that uses a language few outside its home country can read, where car specs are notoriously fickle and different to the rest of the world - what did you expect?

Will your dealer support the warranty? If the answer is yes,how can they when so many parts are different to local cars?

For such a major investment you obviously did little serious research into the specification differences and what that would mean for day to day living with the car. Surely having a vehicle with a local warranty, that can talk to you in a language you understand so you can programme and control it properly is more important that some overpriced plastic add ons?

But I got my vehicle 8 months ago!
If I wanted to buy the English international version,I would have to wait tll July-August
So that's toooo much for a vehicle.

Steel188 said:

Really harsh comments and not in keeping with the ethos of this forum in my opinion.

Back