Coventry charger envy

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JSC

Something unusual today. I parked at the street charging station in central Coventry this morning around 8.30 and hooked up. There was already another PHEV hooked up to the other outlet, so between us we fully occupied the charge point. I returned the the car about 12.00 (admittedly about 30 mins over the 3 hour time limit) and both PHEVs had had their charge cables disconnected. Mine was padlocked to the car so they had unplugged me from the charger and left the cable on the ground. I guess that this must have happened after charging was complete otherwise the cable would have been locked in to the charger. The other PHEV had had the cable removed from the car and then wrapped around the charge station. There were no messages or other disturbance to the cars that I could see. So, either this was just some mindless mischief or it was someone in another vehicle resenting the fact that PHEVs were occupying the charge station. I hope to be able to recharge at the same station tomorrow so we'll see if it happens again.

No. No dead leaf's in sight :). No problems today, but I did mention it to a couple of traffic wardens who were wandering past as I unhooked. They thought it was probably kids let loose for half term - could be right.

That is great, i dont understand why in the netherlands cables cannot be disconnected from the charging poles after completion!

Having to swipe with the same card to unlock has advantages - but drawbacks as well. I once got a cable stuck because a lady swiped it locked without me noticing and drove off. At least she paid for my charge, but I had to call to get the cable unlocked.

Back