Source London charging points

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paulglad

Having recently received my car I wanted to get access to the charging points in Central London. They are operated by an organisation called Source London. The company was taken over on the 1st Sept by a French company.

Having tried to register for an access card, 3 weeks later my application is still pending. When you call them you get transferred to a call centre in France. Using my best 'Allo 'Allo French I am still without a card and access to there charging points. I have called 6 times and after being put on hold for 20 minutes, they tell me they are lookng into my case and will contact me when they have a solution.

Has anyone else had problems with Source London?

Paul

They have either recently changed ownership, or are in the process of doing so. It was being run effectively at zero profit, but that is changing - the press release I saw talked about "honouring access cards that had been issued until they expired"

I have a Source West card. I had the impression that that would also work with Source London (and the other Source Whatever) networks. Did I get that wrong?

Poins said:
I have a Source West card. I had the impression that that would also work with Source London (and the other Source Whatever) networks. Did I get that wrong?

I think that is true at the moment, but I also think that Source London is going to become a lot more commercially aware and it may not continue to be true. Sooner or later, all this free, or virtually free, charging is going to stop!

Tried the new(ish) Source London charging points in the council car park behind Sainsbury's at Forest Hill, yesterday. There are 4 but 2 bays are reserved for electric car club vehicles (plugged in but not/finished charging). These new points are very easy to use just tap your RFID card and either use their built in Type 2 connector or plug your own in. To finish just unplug. Not clear if you have to pay for parking as well but the first 2 hours are free or after 6.30pm no charge anyway :p

Latest from Source London:-

In order for us to continue our substantial investments and make sure you find charge points where you need them, we will be changing our pricing structure on Monday 3rd October 2016. Members will start paying a monthly subscription fee of £4 and 3.6p/min when charging on new charge points. The minimum charge will be for 20 minutes only and you can stop charging anytime you want, rather than have to pay for a full hour when you just need a top-up.

Back