PHEV Software

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bilbo59

Anyone know what the latest version of the PHEV software is?

Anyone had a vehicle software upgrade from a dealer recently?

Anyone upgraded from the app?

Given that there have been a few cases of people bricking their cars with failed attempts at updates, I'm leaving well alone!

The PHEV Remote APP has not been updated since end of July....
When I connected my app to the car the day I got it - I just followed the instructions to do the firmware update and it succeeded with no issues...
( I think the ones that have had issues - there have been other underlying issues with the car - i.e. the dealers have been playing with the software in the service bay before delivery and got it screwed up)
Everyone I know of from my dealer has done the update with no problem....

DrSlackBladder said:
maby said:
Given that there have been a few cases of people bricking their cars with failed attempts at updates, I'm leaving well alone!
+1 me too!
+1 although it's a bit irritating having to click through two extra screens every time I want to use the App. Up to nearly 7500 miles now so not too long until it goes in to the dealer, they can do it then. Am also planning to get the 1 or 2 clicks to unlock option activated at the same time.

New software update avaliable today (android atlleast)
Update process went fine until 55% when I got message that phone was not connected to car wifi.
I got a question from the system if I was inside the car, pressed yes button and the update started from 55% and finished without problems.
The reason for the lost wifi was that the phone reconnected to the house wifi.
Tip, disable other wifi net on your phone before starting the update.

There is now a change in the preheat function, we can choose between 10,20,30mns preheat time.
Good luck. :D

Snowball said:
New software update avaliable today (android atlleast)
Updated also today ;)

Screenshot_2014_12_26_17_55_18.png

Does it seem to offer anything new apart from the pre-heat timer options? If that is all, then I don't think I'll risk it.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.inventec.iMobile

quote="maby"]Does it seem to offer anything new apart from the pre-heat timer options? If that is all, then I don't think I'll risk it.[/quote]

Hmmm iphone app is still on version 1.3.6, and vehicle software 0.01B.0.1.7.000 so maybe soon they will update too.

I've just send them a short list of some 'nice to have' features that could be implemented:

- Show the EV range of the charging/remain battery;
- Show the power being used to charge (2kw, 3.4kw, 40kw) base on the charger used (10A, 16A, CHAdeMO, etc);
- Auto-refresh option (check-box), to follow the charge without several manual refresh button events;
- Remote stop/continue for the charge process;
- Allow the change of the password for the WIFI network.

t3lmo said:
I've just send them a short list of some 'nice to have' features that could be implemented:

- Show the EV range of the charging/remain battery;
- Show the power being used to charge (2kw, 3.4kw, 40kw) base on the charger used (10A, 16A, CHAdeMO, etc);
- Auto-refresh option (check-box), to follow the charge without several manual refresh button events;
- Remote stop/continue for the charge process;
- Allow the change of the password for the WIFI network.
I'm pretty sure that you can already change the wifi SSID and password.

I’m a bit lost to the meaning of the first point.
The other points, what practical benefit would they bring?
Surely the normal procedure is to plug it in and charge it for as long as it takes?
You can set the car to display the state of the battery during the current charge as soon as you open the driver door anyway.

maby said:
Just the SSID. There's no way to change the password.

jaapv said:
Surely the normal procedure is to plug it in and charge it for as long as it takes?
You can set the car to display the state of the battery during the current charge as soon as you open the driver door anyway.
Like most of the other remote systems (Tesla, BMW, etc), why not show the EV range also without having to enter the car and turn it on to read the MMCS.

nexusae0_unnamed-5.jpg

The EV range on the Outlander is close to meaningless anyway - I don't take any notice of it on the MMCS so no point in mirroring it on the remote.

maby said:
The EV range on the Outlander is close to meaningless anyway - I don't take any notice of it on the MMCS so no point in mirroring it on the remote.
I don't think EV range is meaningless and in ECO mode is almost accurate. I rarely used fuel (in the last 700km/430miles) :)
My last max value was 44 miles, but usually is 35.

P1270357.jpg

t3lmo said:
maby said:
I don't think EV range is meaningless and in ECO mode is almost accurate. I rarely used fuel (in the last 700km/430miles) :)
My last max value was 44 miles, but usually is 35.

P1270357.jpg

and how many miles do you actually get? Mitsubishi only claim 32 miles which everyone agrees is very optimistic! My experiments indicate that in ideal conditions our car can just about manage 30 miles.

t3lmo said:
maby said:
Just the SSID. There's no way to change the password.

jaapv said:
Like most of the other remote systems (Tesla, BMW, etc), why not show the EV range also without having to enter the car and turn it on to read the MMCS.

Well, you don’t need the MMCS as the state and time of charge can be displayed on the dashboard automatically as you open the driver’s door.
But where does it get you? The state of charge is what it is and the range does not tell you anything meaningful.

jaapv said:

Well, you don’t need the MMCS as the state and time of charge can be displayed on the dashboard automatically as you open the driver’s door.
But where does it get you? The state of charge is what it is and the range does not tell you anything meaningful.

The remote control app shows you state of charge. What it does not show is the guess at EV range that the car makes, but everyone seems to agree that that guess is almost always wildly inaccurate.

Hi,

The EV estimate is only accurate if your next x miles are similar to your last 5-10 miles actual driving.

Kind regards,
Mark

Back