PHEV Software

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jaapv said:
Well, you don’t need the MMCS as the state and time of charge can be displayed on the dashboard automatically as you open the driver’s door.
But where does it get you? The state of charge is what it is and the range does not tell you anything meaningful.
I found a trick to show the remaining time on the dashboard always on, without having to open the door or turning on the car ;)
Just missing the EV range. And both on the remote app.

avensys said:
The EV estimate is only accurate if your next x miles are similar to your last 5-10 miles actual driving.
PHEV users have misunderstand the EV range since is much more than the actually miles/km you run continuous in pure EV mode.
From what I've been reading its based on a window of the past 52miles/100km that the ICE didn't run and ZEV mode was used, even between hybrid and parallel modes.
That 44miles/71km of range was the result of my last long trip of 108miles/174km with 67% of electric usage (64mpg), using all automatic (no charge or save mode).
The system is saying that with my last road path and speed average (50mph/80kph) the car can run for 44miles/71kmin in eletric mode. And that was almost true on the last trip.

P1270249.jpg

I set out from the house this lunchtime with a full battery, pressing Save as soon as I started the car. At the start of the journey the estimated EV range was 16 miles. I continued round the M25 at speeds of around 65 mph for 60 miles and at the end the estimated EV range was 22 miles. This was all on Save mode.

t3lmo said:
Range extrapolation probably, based on speed average and last usage.

I drive that route regularly and the 16 was optimistic under the circumstances - the 24 would have been completely impossible.

jaapv said:
Well, you don’t need the MMCS as the state and time of charge can be displayed on the dashboard automatically as you open the driver’s door.
Hi,

Can you say how to get this?

Kind regards,
Mark

Surely the EV range is not really as important as a pure EV car like the Tesla. Now if I had less than 30 miles left on a Tesla I would probably be suffering a severe case of range anxiety ( and looking for the nearest Travel Lodge ) but at least we have the ICE to get us home :mrgreen:

I am really surprised that so many people are getting almost obsessed with such a small number of miles. Granted, it would be nice to have say 100 miles in EV mode (and still have ICE of course) but then some would probably complain that they are only getting 90 miles between recharges! ;) As for having the number of miles available on the app, it would be meaningless and just knowing the state of charge is empty, partial or full is enough information for me.

avensys said:
jaapv said:
Hi,

Kind regards,
Mark
Switch the car off with the mpg and ev % displayed. I don’t know whether you need to have some setting in menu as well.

RazMan said:
Surely the EV range is not really as important as a pure EV car like the Tesla. Now if I had less than 30 miles left on a Tesla I would probably be suffering a severe case of range anxiety ( and looking for the nearest Travel Lodge ) but at least we have the ICE to get us home :mrgreen:

I am really surprised that so many people are getting almost obsessed with such a small number of miles. Granted, it would be nice to have say 100 miles in EV mode (and still have ICE of course) but then some would probably complain that they are only getting 90 miles between recharges! ;) As for having the number of miles available on the app, it would be meaningless and just knowing the state of charge is empty, partial or full is enough information for me.

I agree, but I think the message from this forum is that there is a significant subset of the Outlander owning community that really do so few miles that they can conceivably run it as a pure EV. They do get very exercised at the thought of burning any petrol and watch the EV range like hawks.

We use ours as a general purpose car and our running costs are far more governed by the petrol consumption - the EV miles are a useful bonus.

maby said:
I set out from the house this lunchtime with a full battery, pressing Save as soon as I started the car. At the start of the journey the estimated EV range was 16 miles. I continued round the M25 at speeds of around 65 mph for 60 miles and at the end the estimated EV range was 22 miles. This was all on Save mode.

Surely this is a function of the EV gains & losses whilst in Save and the periods when you were in pure EV using the "extra" charge - it could even indicate that you actually did 6 miles in EV, i.e. 10% of the journey :mrgreen:

maby said:
RazMan said:

I agree, but I think the message from this forum is that there is a significant subset of the Outlander owning community that really do so few miles that they can conceivably run it as a pure EV. They do get very exercised at the thought of burning any petrol and watch the EV range like hawks.

We use ours as a general purpose car and our running costs are far more governed by the petrol consumption - the EV miles are a useful bonus.

I'm one of these EV misers but living in London where air pollution from vehicles is a real health issue having no tail pipe emissions was one of the reasons for buying the car - and my day to day usage allows us to drive in pure EV almost all the time. So for short journeys, we don't run the heating (Gx3) but yesterday running down to Southend with a "sensitive teenager" on board we had it going full blast in almost pure ICE like a real petrolhead - wonderful :p

jaapv said:
avensys said:
jaapv said:
Hi,

Kind regards,
Mark
Switch the car off with the mpg and ev % displayed. I don’t know whether you need to have some setting in menu as well.

The only way the remaining time to recharge, with the battery bar, to display is when the drivers door is opened with most importantly, the car still connected to the charging lead. If you have disconnected the lead then you get nadah.

gwatpe said:
The only way the remaining time to recharge, with the battery bar, to display is when the drivers door is opened with most importantly, the car still connected to the charging lead. If you have disconnected the lead then you get nadah.
There's a trick to show the remaining time on the dashboard... with the car closed ;)
Just needs a warning information sign and the dashboard will stay always on!

jaapv said:
avensys said:
jaapv said:

And you can cycle through the display screens too.

For anyone coming to this forum and wants to check latest version of software and what ios / android versions are up to then see here

http://www.mitsubishi-motors.com/en/products/outlander_phev/app/remote/

Provides the latest version for the apps and what the latest version of the remote software does.

By the way, I did do an update in the summer and my car was bricked afterwards, needed a new control module so with some trepidation undertook the latest one and all went OK, although first attempt failed and second successful took 20 mins.

I can only assume that the update to the iOS app is still going through the Apple approval process before being posted to the store...

I did the update from my nexus7 tablet today and the iPhone app still connects ok as well... Although the a/c per-heat timer option is not available until the IOS APP is released.

Back