2016 Dealer Fit Front Park sensors issues

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Freeman38

Had these fitted and nothing but trouble.
Was wondering if anybody else has the new model and had the dealer fit sensors, and your experience.

I doubt there is much difference between 2014 and 2016 vehicles as far as front-park assist sensors are concerned. They are hopeless.

A) they are not linked to the display, so you don't know which side is causing the beep;
b) an area around the centre at front appears to be out of sensor range, so that you are likely to hit the tow-bar of the vehicle in front, if you tend to rely on the sensors alone.
c) beep unnecessarily after a few seconds after you stop, especially at traffic lights - can't understand why. Sometimes it is a single beep, sometimes a couple of beeps, at times beeps continuously, which is irritating. Especially when there is no traffic on either side or in front when stopped in the center lane.

My Aspire came with factory fitted parking sensors, and the dashboard display does show which sensor is doing the detecting.

Someone else on the board was having problems with random beeps, and it turned out to be a sensor wire that wasn't properly connected.

Worth checking out I think.

If I can move to the rear, my wife's 2016 Outlander GX4h has dealer fitted rear sensors. Should these show which have triggered on the display? Do they show on the display on a GX4hs? If so why can't the dealer do similar on the 4h?

MikeK
They don't show on mine as its a 4hs with camera as well.
Had front rear fitted as only camera, used to sensors for years now.
Our Fiat 50X cross plus has rear plus camera and display, in binnacle shows left centre right and colours green, yellow, red, and parking guide lines steer to show where you'll end up.

Thanks Mikehep. It's just my XF has a rear camera and sensors. The display tells me which sensor is triggered.

My 2015 MY has been in the dealers and they tell my that the sensors have been recalibrated. Not sure how that is possible. They are the 4 sensor type and came from Mitsubishi as a dealer fit accessory and were totally useless. So hoping they've got them working correctly now.

The rears beep fairly well when reversing but there is no mute switch.

Had my car in for a service and the dealer had another attempt at the front sensors. They are retry much useless. I'm not very happy as a new customer of Mitsubishi. My old Renault had front and rear sensors and they work really well so if Renault can get them to work why can't Mitsubishi.

Before I give up and reject the car is there anything else I can try?

Hmm, not sure you'll get very far with "rejecting" the car. You need to show that it is not "of merchantable quality" but in fact it's only the dealer fit accessory you are unhappy with, so you can get a refund of the extra you paid for them, at best - or do you have other reasons for saying this, e.g. you realise the car is not for you anyway?

Your only other option would be if you had specified to the dealer when ordering the car that the front sensors were the key reason for buying the car - I doubt it ;)

Was hoping for a technical suggestion to remedy the problem.

So you're happy if something on your car you paid for doesn't work? Well I just want front parking sensors which work. Is that too much to expect? I like the car otherwise I just want working front sensors. I bought a car once which had a water leak drip from the sun roof when it rained heavily. The dealer failed to repair it and I gave the car back in exchange for another one all done amicably.

Back