2016 Front-end

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phevourite

Just wondered what other people thought of the new front-end of the 2016 model? There is lots to like about the newer Outlander and, from what I have seen written, a lot of people prefer its style but I rather liked the old nose. It was clean and elegant. I think it is great that we all like different things by-the-way, just wondering what others thought and whether anyone else liked the old snout or if it is just me.

I always thought the old nose was just a bit too under-stated so generally prefer the new one. It looks best in black because then the black middle section (between the chrome sections) blends better into the overall look of the car.

My view may be biased as I have a Black MY16 ;)

This is the current Asian car trend to have a split X based style front end, as seen now on many Toyotas.

I personally would have liked them to come up with something original, or gone with something closer to the ASX which I think is quite stylish.

I do prefer the new over the old, however neither really float my boat :roll:

I wasn't too sure about the new front end at first but I've grown to like it much more than the old one.

The whole thing looks stonkingly good in Orient Red with the contrast between the Red, Black and Chrome!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioWodXpkELk

I've even wasted more money ordering chrome mirror and door handle covers :oops:

Mine is just passing abeam Tunis at the moment, next call Barcelona and not many possible stops left before Bristol on or around the 11th.

Now officially classified as a Mitsu PHEV nerd!

:D

JimB

To me it looks like there's a bit of bodywork missing. Looks OK on a black car but not on light colours to my mind. I prefer the old one. We'll probably grow to like it eventually though. :D

Back