24 km range

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I put it on normal, which is what my son who had completed Honours at the University of Birmingham, Chemical Engineering Degree advised me to put it on. He stated that, that would be the best and most economical way to run the car. I have tried to switch it to "Charge", and as expected efficiency fell right through the roof. I have also tried it on "Save" mode, and again, the efficiency was not more than 99mpg. I have also tried EV mode with the EV button, and again the MPG is rather punitive once EV runs out. Again it is always best to put it on "NORMAL" mode, as that is what the car is designed for...for most efficient performance on fuel efficiency.
An how is your MPG once "NORMAL" runs out!? Less punitive than when EV runs out!?

I am wondering now why they even put an EV mode if NORMAL is already the most economical way to run the vehicle!

BTW for most efficient performance on fuel the car is designed with EV, SAVE, & CHARGE beside NORMAL mode.
If NORMAL mode was sole most efficient mode the others would not be implemented at all.

EV mode is my "Normal" for short trips. It means the ICE wont start just because I accelerated a bit quick for whatever reason.

I really do not want the engine running for very short periods and not getting upto to proper operating temperature. This is really bad for any engine over time.

If I can do a trip fully electric, I do. If not, then I run on ICE on motorways by choosing Save and then trying to run the battery down to zero EV range as I arrive home. I use Charge to top up the battery a bit if needed to achieve this. You need to know how far from home you are at your chosen motorway exit.

On long trips I just choose save, and go.It will run electric for a while to get the battery down a bit, because regenerative braking doesn't work on a fully charged battery.

EV mode is my "Normal" for short trips. It means the ICE wont start just because I accelerated a bit quick for whatever reason.

I really do not want the engine running for very short periods and not getting upto to proper operating temperature. This is really bad for any engine over time.

If I can do a trip fully electric, I do. If not, then I run on ICE on motorways by choosing Save and then trying to run the battery down to zero EV range as I arrive home. I use Charge to top up the battery a bit if needed to achieve this. You need to know how far from home you are at your chosen motorway exit.

On long trips I just choose save, and go.It will run electric for a while to get the battery down a bit, because regenerative braking doesn't work on a fully charged battery.
That sounds perfectly OK and little bit different from your original statement...
I quote
"I have tried to switch it to "Charge", and as expected efficiency fell right through the roof. I have also tried it on "Save" mode, and again, the efficiency was not more than 99mpg. I have also tried EV mode with the EV button, and again the MPG is rather punitive once EV runs out. Again it is always best to put it on "NORMAL" mode, as that is what the car is designed for...for most efficient performance on fuel efficiency."

So you putting it in Save, Charge, EV... not always best to put it on "NORMAL";)

I'm in country/regional/rural Australia and have 2015 MO PHEV. It is has 220k kms on it. It mostly runs at 100 kmh plus on highways. For the last five years, the battery has averaged 24 kms and on the highway I get 100 kms with eight litres of fuel. The only major replacement I have made is the 12 volt battery.

I'm in country/regional/rural Australia and have 2015 MO PHEV. It is has 220k kms on it. It mostly runs at 100 kmh plus on highways. For the last five years, the battery has averaged 24 kms and on the highway I get 100 kms with eight litres of fuel. The only major replacement I have made is the 12 volt battery.
Awesome to hear that mate

Hello
My 2014 outllander , 125.000 km , can now run ~ 30 km in real life w/o heating ;
the last battery test (sept 2022) was 26.1 Ah , i.e. 70% ( nominal 37,5 Ah )
my average fuel is 4,3 l./100 km , i drive ~ 40/50% in full electrical mode

Back