4WD system does not work, I chase Mitsu for solution.

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi ozjaydear,

No, I don't have much more to add. I've done one or two "a bit rougher terrain" tracks and the conclusion is more or less the same that when it cross-axles it becomes almost useless. Great behaviour in sand, poor behaviour going up steep bumpy rough road.

An interesting thing I found is that once it was cross-axled, shifting a bit of weight to one of the lifted corners (so it would contact the floor) was enough to get it out of that spot. In that particular case I asked someone to sit on the hood near the lifted wheel.

pasquinade said:
An interesting thing I found is that once it was cross-axled, shifting a bit of weight to one of the lifted corners (so it would contact the floor) was enough to get it out of that spot. In that particular case I asked someone to sit on the hood near the lifted wheel.

You may be able to achieve a similar result by moving passengers and/or weight into the far rear corner of the boot above the lifted wheel as it will be much safer for the person and may save you denting the bonnet. Also if rocks are around, moving them to fill the 2 gaps may give you a helping hand.

Now I know for sure, as I just found the little Java program that I wrote and used to probe the OBDII port.

The only thing I got from the PHEV ecu was 'pressure in the brake line', which I used to plot the red vertical lines, which say 'between these lines is where I let go of the brake pedal'.
All other stuff came from front and rear motor ecus. And these only provide actuals, not targets. I have calculated stuff like this:

rear_torque = Integer.parseInt(responseString.substring(i+4, i+8),16)/10 - 1000;
rear_rpm = Integer.parseInt(responseString.substring(i+8, i+12),16) - 20000;
rear_power = (rear_torque * rear_rpm) / 9548.8 ;
rear_speed = rear_rpm * 60 * 2.214 / 7065 ;

Recognise the 9548.8, 2.214 and 7065 factors? :mrgreen:

Back