Advice please, for my GX4hs PHEV, from the Cardinal..

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi again Guys.

Thanks for all your advice regarding the Charge & Save buttons. I am still trying to work out what is the best for us.
Charge occasionally to boost-up the battery, or press Save and save what I've still got, use fuel and not contribute to the battery,....ah well! As I said, thanks for all your help, but not sure if I really understand about ocillations and 'let it do it's own thing' malarky etc, wotever that means?...Ha!

Anyway. It's a 2015 car on a 64 plate and will need to consider about going to a Mitsu dealer for it's next service OR to the Multi-group main dealer that I got the Outlander from as it has a 3-year warranty via them anyway. Incidentely they do have electric cars in their portfolio that they do service - professionally - I'm told.

I just wondered what the usual cost for a (say) 10.000ml service is likely to be, and what do they do for that amount anyway??

Thanks again for all your help and assitance thus far; I'm still trying to plough though the hundereds of posts on the Charge/Save subject!

Kind regards to all you professionls far more knowledgeable than me.
....the Cardinal..

Cardinal said:
Charge occasionally to boost-up the battery, or press Save and save what I've still got, use fuel and not contribute to the battery,....
If by "not contribute to the battery" you mean "not structurally increase SOC", sure. Otherwise, keep in mind: technically Save mode does not exist. It is just a setting in which the car automatically alternates between EV and Charge mode. So, Save mode does contribute to the battery part of the time. And uses it the rest of the time. If you are really easy on the Go pedal, you may see a mix of approx. 40% EV mode and 60% Charge mode.

'let it do it's own thing' malarky etc, wotever that means?...Ha!
Very simple - don't touch any button or paddle instead of playing the car like a Hammond Organ. You'll be surprised how little difference it makes.

Back