Another Climate Timer Settings question...

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KillerBob

I have set up my Phev to defrost 20 min. before needing to use the car in the morning. However, I wonder what is most effective; Heat or Defrost? We still have -5 degrees morning temperatures, and snow and ice on the car in the morning... What I want to accomplish is a warm car in the morning, without the need to scrape ice and have the motor turn on when starting to drive. Is there a way to have it do both?

-5 still.. where do you live man? :shock:
I used the Defrost function during the winter, 10 minutes before the software update (max at that time) and 20 after the update, the extended time really made a difference. I tried the 30 min setting but in my opinion there wasn't much difference between the 20 and 30 so I went back to 20 min.
I found out that after 20 min at -5 to - 10 the windows were clear and I could get in and drive off with out any problems, the car wasn't "hot" but it was nice and warm. And given that the heater was already up to speed the car warmed up to the 22 set on the climate control very quickly.

now I'm looking forward to switching it cover to Cool function :)

PS I live in Norway and we had 23 degrees in the afternoon/evening on Monday :D

I found that defrost is more effective at both warming the car up and clearing the windows. The car just felt warmer when you go in after a defrost than a 'heat'.

lol - I live in Greenland, and winter is still upon is. Thanks for the feedback, it saves me from fumbling my way:)

Back