Autumns coming....

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I cleaned and polished the car on Sunday, beautiful I must say. I had to do it due to being parked near a fireworks display on Thursday, and there was ash all over it.

Didn't use it on Monday, but we live on a street with several Oak trees, and many sycamores. This Morning I spent 10 mins pulling leaves and sycamore seeds out of the wiper recess, the tailgate, the mirrors( I managed to push one in as I was trying to get it- I will get the jet wash on it next time!). They actually go between the bonnet and the top seal, inside the radiator grill and two stalks in the petrol cap ( not opened except to clean it out on Sunday). It looked like a shed!

As I have a massive tree that overhangs my driveway, having my car covered in leaves has become an annual tradition.

It's not the falling leaves that is the problem though, it is the tree sap you get at other times in the year. My current car (Lexus CT) seems to also wind up covered with insects after the tree sap has fallen, which I hadn't seen so much on other cars. I assume the insects must have some attraction to the pearlescent white, rather than just being enthusiasts of Japanese luxury brands....

Not as bad as the mess the birds leave on mine after eating the berries on the hawthorn that grows 4 foot away from the car, I've had to go over several marks with fine gel coat reviver.

Back