Badges & DAB query

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mutley66

hi, I'm considering purchasing the GX3H, as it has no DAB radio I looked at a device that connects to the existing radio and converts it to DAB. It's about £50 from Halfords and I wonder if anyone has used this and if it works ?
Also, my wife hates the large PHEV badges on the car !!! Is it possible remove them ? As I wonder if they are simply attached with an adhesive pad or attached with plastic type rivets via holes in the bodywork?

Mutley66 said:
my wife hates the large PHEV badges on the car !!!
And I thought it was just my wife that thought that!

Sorry though, cannot answer either of your queries, but perhaps now I realize that I shouldn't have looked at the wife like she was mad when she mentioned the badges :lol:

Does this mean the badges are attached simply by a glue and there won't be any holes in the panels once removed?

Yep, just glue. I asked my dealer to remove them before delivery, and you'd never known they were there. They used a hairdryer/heat gun and he had warned me that there might be a small scratch underneath, but there's nothing at all.

Mine hates the badges on the wings too... My car was damaged in a hailstorm and is getting fixed shortly as covered in small dents
They have ordered new badges and am going to ask they don't put them on. Will find out if they are just stuck on as I expect!

What is the reason for not wanting the badge? Just looks? I paid $50k of my hard earned cash for them! There is no way my wife would be telling me to take them off. :D

Rich72 said:
I think the badges look a bit cheap and plasticky.
Agree. But now done 16,000 km so will probably leave a mark when removed. Wish I had known it was only glued when new.

TRT

Agreed, the badges do look naff.

I have ordered Pearl White (should be coming next month) and wondering if the lease company will notice if they are not present when the car is returned in 4 years time ... ?

SolarBoy said:

I have ordered Pearl White (should be coming next month) and wondering if the lease company will notice if they are not present when the car is returned in 4 years time ... ?

Take a close up photo of the Badge placements, remove them, store them in a memorable place and then when the cars being returned just stick em back on with some double sided tape.

Ozukus said:
SolarBoy said:

Take a close up photo of the Badge placements, remove them, store them in a memorable place and then when the cars being returned just stick em back on with some double sided tape.

:lol: I like the way you're thinking!

SolarBoy said:

Why on earth did to go for a PHEV, if you didn't want to show it off. You are joining a pioneering society. Why be ashamed of it?

Neverfuel said:
SolarBoy said:

Why on earth did to go for a PHEV, if you didn't want to show it off. You are joining a pioneering society. Why be ashamed of it?

Why did I go for a PHEV ... cheap BIK and our journeys are short, I need a bigger car as my three children don't really fit into the back of my 2002 Focus.

But that has nothing to do with the badge.

I think it is fair to say that most folks don't know what a PHEV or an EV is ... and the badge is garish and fugly. A chrome badge would have been much nicer than the electric blue?

SolarBoy said:
Neverfuel said:
SolarBoy said:

Why did I go for a PHEV ... cheap BIK and our journeys are short, I need a bigger car as my three children don't really fit into the back of my 2002 Focus.

But that has nothing to do with the badge.

I think it is fair to say that most folks don't know what a PHEV or an EV is ... and the badge is garish and fugly. A chrome badge would have been much nicer than the electric blue?

Think about other cars - what does "Ecomotion" mean, what about "E-Power". Nobody looks at badges anymore, except perhaps PHEV drivers, so we can say Hello. I don't wave to diesel Outlander drivers, because to me it is not about the shape, it is about the experience. So no-one could ever say Hello to you until they realised you had a really big petrol tank flap on one side, and another small one on the other. Such a shame.

Jump forward 3 years, "darling, have you cleaned out my "Man Drawer"? "Why, because I have lost my hybrid badges, and the guy is coming to look at it in an hour!"

Try taking a look at the emergency procedures manual on this site, and you will understand how important those badges will be to the emergency services, should your car be involved in an accident!

Emergency services will never look at badges. They retrieve the car type online from the registration number.

jaapv said:
Emergency services will never look at badges. They retrieve the car type online from the registration number.

What a touching faith in technology - never been in a mobile blackspot (perhaps not in the Low Country :lol: ) or computer crash :?:

I am reliably informed by a colleague that the new Mercedes C350 PHEV's have been recently revised and now come from the factory without a PHEV badge ... (!).

Back