Battery + Fuel consummation

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tkmunasinghe

I charged my PHEV and it can run only 42 km with battery and when I turn on A/C figures are down to around 26 KM on battery :(
with Full tank of fuel Today I run around 246 Km then I refill again and it drinks 21.81 Liters !! This is not normal right ?
what should I do ? need help

The range on battery is probably about right - it is very hard to get the headline figure. I make your petrol consumption about 8 litres per 100 km which is a bit high - I can manage 6.5 l per 100 but I do drive very gently - if you are heavy on the accelerator, regularly drive at 120 kph or more and brake late, then you probaby can get it as bad as 8 per 100

For your info

I am getting 43 kms with the air conditioning running (30 deg C temp)
There is about 50m of rise & fall, so relatively flat
20kms is at 95kph the rest is at 50kph with standard country stop start.
There is 6 kms to go when I get home
Edit- 4 leaves

sounds like you need to drive without those heavy lead diving boots on ;) But joking aside, 42Km on EV is not bad. (did you achieve that or just going on predicted which is highly variable in accuracy)
if range and economy are important, ease off the electric loads (eg heated seats / aircon / rear window heater etc etc), and use ECO mode to minimise throttle response. Accelerate smoothly and anticipate the road ahead - dropping to B0 and coasting if you struggle to tickle the accelerator. When approaching red traffic lights, a queue or junction etc, take your foot off the accelerator a long time in advance and allow the car to naturally slow as much as posisble (without making yourself a slow moving chicane in the traffic!). I'm still surprised by how many drivers accelerate all the way up totheir braking point when approaching red lights. Higher top speed uses far more fuel so if economy is important, you will do much better at 100km/h than 110km/h
Hope that helps a bit.

All good advice from aitchjaybee.

Not only does late braking waste energy by drawing on power longer than is necessary, it also destroys the car's ability to recoup energy through regenerative braking - it's not possible to jam the power back into the battery quickly enough, so the friction brakes have to engage and waste the energy in heat.

I took my wife to the station this morning - longer journey than usual since we are not in the house. It was pretty much worst case driving - battery completely flat since I have not been able to charge all weekend, setting out in the dark with torrential rain, quite chilly, humid, windscreen needing demisting and cabin needing heating, headlights on, wipers running almost continually - I got about 41mpg... That's pretty good in my books - every other trip should be better to some extent.

Back