Before the PHEV...

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Auzoloto said:
Mine was a Bentley Continental GTC, had it from new Aug 2007. Sold It on AutoTrader in 17 minutes. Broke my heart!

After the Bentley other conventional cars do nothing for me. The replacement had to be something very different and leading edge.

My GX4hs, glacier blue is on the Boheme.

I will be utterly fascinated to hear your comparisons, because coming from a CX7 I'm disappointed with a few things, and the Bentley is by far another class way above that!

Changing from a 2004 Lexus RS300 which I have had from new, thought it was time to change although I have never had any problems with it and it has been a joy to own.
Looked at the Honda CRV but wife's already got one all be it the older model but thought it would be silly to get another. Looked at most of the other 4x4's but when I came across the PHEV I was taken by the concept.
I have been retired for 8years and the majority of my journeys are between 15-45miles during the week with the odd longer trips thrown in.
Expecting delivery mid-end September, can't wait.
Peter

Moving from the Honda Civic 2.2ltr CDTI, great town car and has some go when foot is down but it is a terrible car to drive for journeys over 90 minutes.

Docked today, hopefully with me within 10 days!

2.0 Petrol mondeo Zetec. 58 reg, only cost me £6k to buy from local dealer. I don't do many miles so thought the 28mpg wouldn't be a problem, which to be fair it wasn't. Seduced by yet technology though and the ability to put it though the companies books. We also have a vw diesel Touran for taking the dog out and the kids which is a great car for a family. Had originally wanted a full electric leaf but wife didn't want the range anxiety if she ever drove it.

May need to go full electric next time when the tax rules change.

Still keeping my Toyota Hilux 2.5 diesel,
giving my Citroen C5 2.2 diesel (had good mpg) to my daughter.

We're keeping the old Landcruiser for lugging big and heavy items and for those days in the winter when you actually need a 4WD rather than a Chelsea Tractor. We are giving our clapped out Prius to our son as a stop-gap - he recently wrecked his!

Had a VW Sharan 2002. Kids have grown, we want to go electric. As we have a lot of snow and ice i wanted a 4 wheel, the outlander PHEV reducec the weight by having no mecanical connection to the gas engine.

I'm changing from a Shogun Commercial 3.2 SWB. I've had it for 9 years & done 145,000 miles.
I love it & loathed to part with it but it's showing it's age, needs work done (gearbox switches) and the rear wheel arches are rusting (no idea why).

I'm a company vehicle driver and the Shogun Commercial is pretty good on BIK but the Outlander will be better. I run my own company, so vehicle running costs affect my income as well as tax. Most of my journeys are under 30 miles at less than 70 mph, so the saving in fuel, tax and class 1A NIC will subsidise the purchase cost quite a lot (and I get to run around in a new car with all the toys and gizmos).

After a disaster with a Landrover Freelander (cooked engine) and problems with most of our previous vehicles (BMW, VW, Peugeot & Ford), I decided not to buy European cars again and only buy Japanese. So far, I'm glad I did as our Mitsubishis and Mazdas have been very reliable.

Back