Best app for finding charge points

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TomPHEV

I'm bored waiting to take delivery of my PHEV so I've been having a look at some Andriod apps for finding charge points in NI:

Ecar connect - official ESB app but can take a long time to load and charge points in NI are "faded out" which makes them difficult to see compared to charge points in ROI. Also doesn't show charge point at Ikea Belfast or second charge point in Ballycastle. Doesn't allow users to add charge points.

Next Charge - seems pretty good but again doesn't show charge point at Ikea in Belfast, but it does show a second charge point in Ballycastle that some other apps don't show. Does allow users to add charge points and has a useful "find nearest charge point" feature.

Open Charge Map - Nice clear map and does show charge point at Ikea in Belfast and second charge point in Ballycastle that some other apps don't show. Does allow users to add charge points and photos if you sign in.

PlugShare - Nice clear map and does show charge point at Ikea in Belfast but not second charge point in Ballycastle.. Does allow users to add charge points, photos etc

What do you use?

I use Zap Map - it works well on the move and points seem to be regularly updated. You have to pay for it though (£4.99 I think). I have just looked and IKEA Belfast is on there.

Back