Best Ever EV Range

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kaboom said:
Neverfuel said:
I got this yesterday for the first time:

I had an estimated range of 42miles today - do I win the prize?! :D

Had slightly more :D :D

IMG_2972_zps7joysbbb.jpg

I have had 40 range showing and actually drove 35 miles pure EV a couple of weeks ago. The latter was up to 60mph and flat land but with some small hills

CJ

What about the worst Guessometer range? After mucking around on the beach and in the dunes all day on charge, we had 16km on a charge of 80%!

Needless to say, it was totally wrong.

I think the % SOC would be more useful.

NAPpy

I had 303 miles showing after brimming the tank yesterday with no EV left. I drove a further 60 miles home by the time I got on the drive I was showing 350 miles - go figure! :?

When I used a Rapid charger at the weekend I seem to have got a better quality of energy as the predicted range went up to 28 miles instead of the usual 25 :lol:

I normally get quite a high number, almost always in the 30's and I do get about 27 miles back most of the time but recently with the hotter weather this has been going up and I was pleased for the first time to get 43 on the screen and achieved between 35 and 36 to which I am sure I could have got more but I had to have the AC on

Most pleasing at the moment is seeing the ecotricity points giving me a good 28 and a first 32 mile range which I am almost making too

Normal driving is eco on and brake is dependant on if it is needed so between 0 and 5 but I use the paddles a lot.

20150617_110901.jpg

Every saturday I make a roundtrip of exactly 60km (37 miles) which almost all the time I manage to be able to do 100% electric, without the help of burning liquified, rotten dinosaurs.
But this weekend the engine fired up at 52.4km (32.5 miles). I think it was because I had to make the very steep 4WD climb out of our gravel-pit twice.

I'm still amazed how easy and quiet the Outi masters this section compared to my collegues with their 4x4s.

Neverfuel said:
Interesting that the range is only showing 289 petrol miles on a full tank!

I do not think it is a full tank, mine shows a full tank for ages and while the range goes down the bar can take ages before it moves

Managed 88.5 mpg on a round trip to Nottingham (116 miles). Fast charged once at Tibshelf Services on the M1. Used charge a couple of times in the 50 mph section of the M1 (when I had run out of EV range). Very impressed with the performance on EV from the motorway through the traffic into the centre of Notts. I had the same 13 miles that I started with after 5 miles of driving due to the gradient and use of regen / speed limiter. Half way through the journey, before I charged, I was on 69.4 mpg and the charge gave me 23 miles for 6.3kwh.

Rather impressed me today :p

Neverfuel said:
Interesting that the range is only showing 289 petrol miles on a full tank!

My range seems to be calculated by adding two random numbers divided by the cube root of time expressed as the number of seconds since Jan 1st 1900.
Either that or its just plain wrong!

I got an indicated 39 miles this morning when I switched the car on. It seems that I get a large indicated mileage the day after I have used a fast charger. I have only fast charged 5 times but always get 30+ EV indicated. The rest of the time it is between 27 & 29. Anybody else noticed this?

Neverfuel said:
I got an indicated 39 miles this morning when I switched the car on. It seems that I get a large indicated mileage the day after I have used a fast charger. I have only fast charged 5 times but always get 30+ EV indicated. The rest of the time it is between 27 & 29. Anybody else noticed this?

I've never used a public charger, but it would not be too surprising if the use of a rapid charger influenced the predicted range.

Neverfuel said:

Same thing happened to me - these chargers given you better quality electrons :lol:

Today was 18°c ~ 21°c I drove from Solihull to Alcester 17.3 miles according to Google and the sat-nav. Drove there and back with no A/C and in eco and use the regeneration up and down the scale. Some 60 miles and hour stints, the rest either 30 or 40 mph with few stops

When I got home I still had a theoretical 4 miles left :)
The car had done 34.6 miles on a fully battery and there is a possibility that I could have reached 38 miles... the car has really pleased me today

Last week in Cornwall I got ....

IMG_5654.jpg

I think its all about what you did immediately before charging. In this case creeping down a tight downhill backstreet in Padstow :)

Back