Boot beeping but not opening/closing

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hypermiler

Any ideas - tried it several times today using button on boot and in car and had to open and close it manually each time. Is there a way to reset it?
Thanks
H

You didn't have the car locked, did you? I've got caught out like that a few times - get into the car, hit the central locking button, drive for a while, open the driver's door (which does not disarm the central locking) and then find that I cannot open the boot!

There is a switch towards the bottom of the central consol. Check you haven't accidently knocked it to the off position which is what I did early days.

maby said:
You didn't have the car locked, did you? I've got caught out like that a few times - get into the car, hit the central locking button, drive for a while, open the driver's door (which does not disarm the central locking) and then find that I cannot open the boot!

Got me every time for months that did, until I realised you can set it to open everything when you switch the car off.

Stu said:
you can set it to open everything when you switch the car off.
Gotta look that up in the manual... Gee, they'd need to put online a manual that we could use search terms...

Thanks guys - yes I had accidentally pressed that button. Forgotten it was there. Now realise that is going to be a handy button for when we get our tow bar bike rack!
Cheers
H

Back