Buy Your New Drive Battery From HobbyKing.......

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I Believe it when i see it, or test it myself. 65C out of this pack, with the 6mm2 Cables?
Probably Chineese cells, look on ebay or Aliexpress for 18650 cells, this cells are difficult to make bigger than 3200mAh depending on the sice and the saftey between the layers inside, but Chinees print and sell them as 9900mAh without any problem. Probably the same here with this pack.
Graphene, cool name, but not used yet. Especially not in a normal LiPo battery.

I can understand your scepticism.

All I can say is that HobbyKing have a pretty good reputation and I doubt if they would endorse something negligently. They sell mountains of these packs and any company who did that and then had to take them all back because they won't do 'what it says on the tin' would be in trouble in short order.

Model flyers routinely draw huge amounts of power from these sizes of cells (I don't), if only for fairly short periods - and whatever the chemistry of the battery it can't do anything positive for the potential life of the cells.

Just working out how many I'll need for the PHEV and what it might do for the 0 - 62 mph time. Better order a couple of new brushless motors to go with them I suspect...

;)

JimB

Having just received HobbyKing's latest promo email I found some cells that are rated for 65C continuous discharge and up to 130C in bursts but these are rated 90C continuous discharge and the item is reviewed by a few users;

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__49509__Turnigy_nano_tech_Ultimate_7500mah_2S2P_90C_Hardcase_Lipo_Pack_ROAR_BRCA_Approved_.html

49509_1_m.jpg

JimB

anko said:
65C ??? Does that mean you can completely discharge it in 55.4 seconds?

Would by 780 kW for a 12 kWh battery. Can somebody bring more motors, please ....

I use Hobbyking cells extensively for electric bikes. Have probably bought $2k+ of cells over the last 5 years. Mostly Turnigy, but also Multistar and Zippy. Turnigy and Multistar "can" deliver their claimed C rating as long as you're happy with it only doing so a few times (As in 10-15). After that, they lose capacity and sag a lot. The recommended use of the cells is usually 1/4 to 1/5th of the claimed C rating, if you want a long life. Still 13C isn't too bad.

Zippy on the other hand... Applied a 2C load on a 25C battery, and I started seeing massive voltage sagging.

Most people just build a battery 2-3 times the size they'll need to ensure long life, and low sag (Less sag = more speed, and that's more important, right? :p)

Back