Cannot switch on climate via remote.

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikkB

As of yesterday I cannot switch on climate/defrost function using the remote app. , can connect to car and other functions appear to work OK. I wondered if defrost will only activate if the temperature is below a certain level but can't find any thing in manuals that would indicate that. Any ideas anyone please?

MikkB said:
As of yesterday I cannot switch on climate/defrost function using the remote app. , can connect to car and other functions appear to work OK. I wondered if defrost will only activate if the temperature is below a certain level but can't find any thing in manuals that would indicate that. Any ideas anyone please?
My understanding is there are no specific temp conditions for using the defroster function in the app. I got some troubles with the pre-heating when switching to daylight savings just recently. Eventually I skipped using the "daylight savings button" in MMCS and instead chose a different timezone. Now it works as intended again.

MikkB said:
Cannot why?
- button greyed out?
- error message?
- can't find button anymore? :mrgreen:

Interesting, thanks. However I'm talking about turning defrost on immediately, for 10/20/30 minutes, not with the timer setting.

The app allows me to select and send the request, and the time of operation (from now until 10 minutes hence) shows on the home screen next to 'Climate Control', however the heater is not activated and the defrost mode icon does not appear near the top of the screen. The clocks on my phone and in the car are in synch as far as I can tell. No error messages.

I've had the same problem and can't figure it out. Tried shutting the car down with the climate control on auto and then switched off, no difference, seems to be very hit and miss, even showing all the correct messages and connections it will sometimes refuse to start, I've posted on here before about this and nobody came up with an answer.

2017 4HS PHEV Ruby Black

I had a weird thing like this once, really been racking my brains what it was, years ago.

This may be complete b@lls as I am going senile :roll: , but I seem to think it was something to do with a door switch, the car won't heat if a door is open, but it wasn't an actual door switch, it was maybe a switch under the bonnet which didn't trigger any messages like the doors or boot do.

Like I said, maybe rubbish or a fluke, try looking under the bonnet for a switch and opening shutting again firmly. And maybe the doors too, maybe a switch needs tweaking.

If you open a door whilst preheating, the next time you go into the app an (Annoying!) message flashes up to say pre-heating (last time!) was interrupted by a door being opened. But not sure it does if a door is technically 'open' when you try to initiate it.

Back