EV service warning along with brakes etc

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SurealUnReal

I have mitsubishi outlander phev 64 plate the top of the range model (4gt or something) and the auxiliary battery suddenly appears flat, getting numerous fault codes, but even when plugged in locked and of course switched off there is a EV fault service warning and the flashing charge light on consol this will obviously be draining auxiliary battery

The dealer wants me to get my breakdown service to take it to them.

Please help what can do that isnt gonna cost a fortune, is this a fault that they should sort or mitsubishi itself, is it a recall required?

The usual clicks you hear when connected or the ones heard at 14.00 and 02.00 also don't happen the charging unit is indicating fully charged.

Ironically this happened at about the same time last year, is due to a new update either required for sat nav, wi-fi or something.

I am disabled and suffer with mobility problems and also rely on my car to be able to get about.

I would appreciate any help or advice that anyone could give, and if I should require it taking to the dealership to be hooked up to the computer what kind of cost am I looking at.

From what I have seen this is a problem that has been documented by a lot of people but the solutions and discussions not easy to pin down the cause or the exact cure.

I have just found this statement from a fellow user and simply put makes it more confusing because I have never have set a timer and I can't actually connect my phone to the car since the previous update a few years ago.

"My EVSE flashes when its waiting for a timer charge. It should also display the H:MM estimate if you have it on the right display screen, just the : indicates waiting for a timer charge.
Sounds like the previous owner set the timers via the App, which might not display on the MMCS (car nav screen)?

I just had the very same thing occur and the 12v battery, having not been barely 2 years old, was replaced free of charge under warranty.

Back