Can't get wifi / app to work...

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jamerg

Hello everyone

Well, I just picked up my Outlander PHEV today (second hand 64 reg) and am excited to get to grips with it.

One immediate problem I'm having, though, is that I can't get the app / car wifi to work properly. I have carefully followed the instructions with regard to "registering the VIN" - clicking the key 10 times until the buzzer sounds indicating that the car is ready to be registered. The SSID for the car's wifi appears in my iPhone settings and I am able to connect to it by entering the password.

When I go back to the app, however, something strange happens. As soon as I press "Register" the car's wifi disconnects itself, and teh app can't register. This happens with both my iPhone 6 and my wife's iPhone 5.

I'm clearly doing something wrong, but I'm not sure what :oops:

Can anyone help me? Many thanks in advance for any advice.

Hello

Could it be that already two devices are registered with the car? (thats the maximum). I think theres a reset procedure, check link below

http://www.mitsubishi-motors.com/en/products/outlander_phev/app/remote/jizen.html

Thanks for the reply. Just went and tried that but it wasn't the problem - car is telling me that no devices are registered...

Thanks anyway - was quite excited that you'd solved it for a minute there :)

Well, if there is no obvious answer, like here, you should consult your dealer - he will be able to sort you out.

jamerg said:
Thanks for the reply. Just went and tried that but it wasn't the problem - car is telling me that no devices are registered...

Thanks anyway - was quite excited that you'd solved it for a minute there :)[/

Did you perform the factory reset procedure anyway? (if not, I would try that)

mlind said:
jamerg said:

Thanks anyway - was quite excited that you'd solved it for a minute there :)[/

Did you perform the factory reset procedure anyway? (if not, I would try that)

Yeah, I did thanks. Will give the dealer a call in the morning.

How did it go? Did you solve the problem?
I have the same problem, cannot register my Samsung S6.
However I CAN register my old Sony xperia z1 and my Ipad air1.
Seems to be a problem with Samsung phones. Is you phone a samsung?

Grafikstudion said:
How did it go? Did you solve the problem?
I have the same problem, cannot register my Samsung S6.
However I CAN register my old Sony xperia z1 and my Ipad air1.
Seems to be a problem with Samsung phones. Is you phone a samsung?

Hi

The garage advised me to delete and re-install the app. Weirdly, that did seem to initially work, and I registered both my wife's phone and mine, but now only my wife's phone is working. I am going to try and go through the process with mine again when I get a chance and see if I can get it working consistently too.

I have an iPhone 6 and my wife has an iPhone 5. I was told by the garage that there might be a problem with some older Samsung phones (I don't know whether that applies to the S6 or not). You're aware from the messages above that you can only have 2 devices registered at a time though right? So if you have your iPad and Sony registered you won't be able to register the Samsung as well.

Yes I am aware that there can be only two devices registered. I have unregistered all phones and tried to register again without any luck.
The samsung S6 is the latest model so it would not be an issue. The same problem occurs with my wife´s samsung s5 mini.
Really annoying and I hope someone find a soultion to it very soon.
I have at the garage next week to see if they can solve it. They failed last time they tried.

It is now completely confirmed that Mitsubishi Remote App is not compatible with Samsung S6 and S5 mini. It is certainly more phones that don't work but these are the two I tried with no success. Ever since I could pick up my Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV in december and then the seller failed to match the car with my phone, I have repeatedly tried to get it to work. I got the MItsubishi garage to take a look at it but the answer that Mitsubishi has is that they have not yet done the phone compatible because it is too new (released in april 2015). Mitsubishi Sweden had no help or a good answer to give. The dealer Thunbergs car is obviously distraught that they were unable to solve it and that they have not been informed that some phones do not work. I have managed to sync the car with my Ipad Air 1 and my old mobile phone Sony Xperia Z1 without problems.

Mitsubishi Remote App is, at least in Sweden, a very important part of the operation and ownership of the car. It is with the app and ONLY with it you can start the heater in the car. It starts the heating system in your car and warms up the car so that you have a varm car to get to in winter time. In the summer the AC is started using the app. It is really sad that Mitsubishi does not have a working solution for one of the world's largest mobile phone manufacturer. They should inform their dealers about the limitation it poses for the buyer if they have a Samsung or any other model that does not work.

Such is the trouble with Android, too many different phones running what at first seems a unified OS but in fact differs immensely across the different forms.

Sorry Titan but if any dev tells you that, walk away and find someone that knows what they are doing. If a dev follows the Google guidelines there shouldn't be any problems.

Up until the beginning of this week, the PHEV app on Android hadn't been updated for over a year. There are reports on the app store that it's not working on the Nexus 6p. That's just plain lazy development, there isn't a more "vanilla" android phone out there. Google gave devs 6 months to play with the latest version before releasing it in the wild. Mitsubishi didn't bother to update their app.

Nexus devices run "pure" Android and Samsung sell the most devices. If there are two device lines all apps should work on, these are them. Dev costs shouldn't be more than a few grand, they're being lazy.

Back