CD??

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave13

Got my new toy yesterday and I have a couple of strange queries

1. The sat nav is already set up and working but in the glove box there is a wrapped and sealed sat nav CD. I have looked through the manual (that I downloaded) but can't find any mention of this CD.

2. I did not get a hard copy owners manual, I only got the multi media one, do you get a hard copy of the owners manual or is this another quirk of the PHEV?

Cheers

Out for a drive today, intend using fuelly for the first few months so should be interesting.

The cd contains backup files for different countries for the "loading.kwi" file that is on the map sd card in the MMCS unit, so that if the file becomes corrupt you can either overwrite it or create a new sd map card. The MMCS will not start up without accessing the file first as it contains startup information for the country and vehicle settings. You can find this on page 228 of the MMCS manual.

You should have got a hard copy of the owners manual with the vehicle. I would ask the dealer as it should have been in your pack when the vehicle was handed over. Where did you get the online version from?

I believe that's the .au manual, which is fine in general but UK specific changes will not be mentions - a big one is the Rapid charging.

I intend to demand a full manual from the dealer / Mitsu one I have my car next week.

Hi Dave

I have that one as well, but it is the Australian version and there are some differences:

- AUS version doesn't have info for fast charging
- AUS version doesn't have breakdown of suitable isofix seats
- AUS version doesn't have info on how to turn off front airbag
- AUS version has no mention of dead lock system
- AUS version has no mention of LDW2 mode
- AUS version has no mention of TPMS
- UK version does not mention mat fitment
- UK version warning says "key not detected", AUS says "key battery low"
- AUS version has better info on towing
- UK version has info on PTY, traffic monitoring, DAB radio and RDS
- AUS version has info on rear seat display
- AUS version lists devices that can be used through the USB port, UK does not
- UK version has a section on "cigarette lighter" although it's not fitted
- AUS version has slight differences in the engine oil API classification
- UK version has differences in the tyre chains section
- UK version has a section on masking the headlamps for continental driving
- AUS version has a vehicle data label and a compliance label, UK version has a VIN code
- There are some differences in the specifications section related to some of the above and local regulatory requirements
- AUS version has a far more comprehensive index section than ours
- UK version has a whole additional section on conformity that AUS doesn't
- Some switch positions are different according to which market it is in
Best bet is to tell the dealer - it's not a cheap car after all!

Hi Neverfuel

Thanks for taking the time to point those things out, I have been onto the dealer and awaiting the response, at least the aus version is better than nothing for the minute.

Cheers

Dave

No problem Dave

Hope you are enjoying the car as much as I am. I'm pretty sure that if you are struggling with something in the meantime some helpful soul on here will help you out.

Hi, just collected my new Outlander and manual also missing. Have the MMCS one but apparently Mitsubishi are currently out of the main manual. Dealer informed me that they had received an email stating this and will forward to me by post as soon as stocks are replenished. Thankfully managed to download a PDF from this site a few days ago so not the end of the world.

This sounds dumb, but where is the CD Slot and SD Slot? I can;t open the Screen to reveal the CD Slot. It look like there isn't one lol

Still wading through the manual

The CD slot and the SD slot are both behind the screen.

Hit the open button (bottom left) after the screen has finished powering up ....will not work before then.

You should then get a screen that gives you the option to open screen (only) or open and eject cd....

Screen then should power out of dash & flip to reveal the cd slot.

Kids think this is a great feature :eek:

Many thanks Ian. I had read the manual but just could not work it out. I then had the intuition to press the screen as if they are buttons. Amazing

Shame it doesn't play DVD's

Back