Chargemaster charging points - UK Installation

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nick2b

As it would appear that British Gas have withdrawn their offer of free installation, I have completed the Chargemaster enquiry form.
Has anyone had experience of this installation - are there any catches, hidden costs etc.

What I'm really after is some sort of monthly 'bill' (or electricity usage report) that I can print out and use to claim my expenses at work.
I think the Chargemaster will do this.

The data supplied by Chargemaster is not very reliable.
You have to remember to have the unit switched on before you plug in and disconnect to get a true reading.
Even then, you only get details in KWh, which presumably you would have to convert into pounds using your own electricity tariff rate.
Normal range seems to be between 10.5 and 11.5 KWh for a full charge.
I have seen data tonight which has 16.32 KWh for a 3h23m charge!!

I had my charge point fitted by chargemaster last week and it was perfect. Nothing further to pay (providing you have the standard install) and communication was excellent. They do offer upgrades for additional cost but the standard install will be more than adequate for the phev. Some have gone with the 32amp fitting to future proof the system, depends on personal choice I guess.

Back