New member, PHEV company car ordered.

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[/quote]

Hmmmm.... I'll have to test that in the morning... Might be as difficult as other spots SWMBO asks me to find...[/quote]

:lol:

Thanks for the boot operating tips, all works great. And for the warning about the factory fitted front parking sensors; I can see myself challenging the dealer on these if they're as poor as people report.

As for the demo car over the weekend, just returned from a 300 mile round trip, and I must say I'm very pleased, and can't wait until I get mine at the beginning of November. I've had cruise control in the BMWs for years, but never used ACC; it works like a dream, loved it. Especially in fast/slow/fast/slow motorway traffic! Also enjoyed the ride very much, very comfortable. Obviously not the performance of the BMWs, but a very relaxing much more sedate journey! Everything worked as expected, the whole MMCS worked very well; through USB music, satnav, pretty pictures, useful charts and data while bored in traffic, etc. The only two questions I have are (i) about a while symbol which pops up to the right of the direction arrows between the dials, looks like an arrow depressing a button….what does that mean? It goes away when the nav arrows disappear. And (ii) how to get rid of the constant barrage of motorway service info on the satnav main screen…..I found a huge list of symbol display items from cash machines to hotels to Thai restaurants (!?), but service stations wasn't on there. It's not symbols that are the problem really, it's a line by line list of motorway service stations coming up in the following miles, which completely covers the map!

Anyway, I expected to have some small feeling of disappointment (just because I loved my BMWs), and some more important niggles/questions, but I have to say I loved it and look forward to early November! As for economy, I didn't exactly drive carefully, but averaged around 42 mpg at around 70 mph once batteries had depleted.

DrSlackBladder said:
The only two questions I have are (i) about a while symbol which pops up to the right of the direction arrows between the dials, looks like an arrow depressing a button….what does that mean? It goes away when the nav arrows disappear. And (ii) how to get rid of the constant barrage of motorway service info on the satnav main screen…..I found a huge list of symbol display items from cash machines to hotels to Thai restaurants (!?), but service stations wasn't on there. It's not symbols that are the problem really, it's a line by line list of motorway service stations coming up in the following miles, which completely covers the map!
As for economy, I didn't exactly drive carefully, but averaged around 42 mpg at around 70 mph once batteries had depleted.

Answers:
i) It simply means you can override the sat-nav display by pressing and holding in, the button to change displays. i.e. Change the display away from the direction arrow. It will revert back after a while though.
ii) There is a setting in the sat-nav setup that you can change to not display the motorway information
Economy, yes, that almost exactly mirrors my results.

Kind regards,
Mark

DrSlackBladder said:
Thanks. Where on earth is that motorway service station option?! :oops:
Press the Navi setup button below the screen, then choose display from the left hand menu, then scroll down until it says something like simplified motorway display. At least, I *think* that is the option.

Kind regards,
Mark

Back