Charging at dealers

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
chindley said:
Can we charge the vehicles at Mitsu dealers? and if so are they fast chargers. Not much point if you have to sit about for 3 hours. :roll:
Hi,
My dealer has a single 16A charger which the demo model seemed to spend most of the time connected to.
Kind regards,
Mark

Interestingly enough that source london brings up 2 charge points being available at my local Toyota Dealership. I wonder how they would feel if I parked my Outlander PHEV there on a Saturday while I walked across the road to do my shopping at Tesco's!!

chindley said:
Can we charge the vehicles at Mitsu dealers? and if so are they fast chargers. Not much point if you have to sit about for 3 hours. :roll:

Be very careful with your use of fast chargers - Mitsubishi warn that frequent use will harm your battery! The two Mitsubishi dealers I've visited both had 16A chargers and they were at the back of the building - not in a location that the public would normally visit.

My dealer informed me that they are all having to install the fast charge units within a couple of months..

englishman said:
My dealer informed me that they are all having to install the fast charge units within a couple of months..

I wonder why? Possibly Mitsubishi think they are not giving a good impression of the car because the majority of them are running flat before the end of the day?

When I picked my car up from the dealer, they'd just used an ordinary 13 amp socket for charging. Very low tech.

Maybe we need to contact clockworr radio inventor Trevor Bayliss to work on a wind-up version to charge our PHEVs :)

Back