charging flap

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well this is a shock for me ! I haven't got a spring in my charging flap at all i have used a rubber band to keep the door tight against the plug since i got the car . Is this a new item ? ( mine is a 2015 model purchased 8 months ago) if there is supposed to be one can i get one off ebay or the like ? and do away with the rubber band

Jojoxx said:
Well this is a shock for me ! I haven't got a spring in my charging flap at all i have used a rubber band to keep the door tight against the plug since i got the car . Is this a new item ? ( mine is a 2015 model purchased 8 months ago) if there is supposed to be one can i get one off ebay or the like ? and do away with the rubber band
That’s funny! Did you seriously think that that was original?

What's funny is that i have actually got one on but in my minds eye i was expecting a spring clip like on a garden gate but smaller ! but when i watched the video of the clip i realised what is it was . One question jaap does your clip hold the flap against the plug with sufficient force so you don't need a rubber band or indeed any extra help ? Mine might just need a bit adjusting . Also as a side issue there was a chip on the edge of the charging port and i got a £1 touch up off wish and now it is almost invisible ( it is completely invisible to the wife ) the touch up pen uses a nib like a real pen and you use it as such ! i was highly impressed

Jojoxx said:
What's funny is that i have actually got one on but in my minds eye i was expecting a spring clip like on a garden gate but smaller ! but when i watched the video of the clip i realised what is it was . One question jaap does your clip hold the flap against the plug with sufficient force so you don't need a rubber band or indeed any extra help ? Mine might just need a bit adjusting . Also as a side issue there was a chip on the edge of the charging port and i got a £1 touch up off wish and now it is almost invisible ( it is completely invisible to the wife ) the touch up pen uses a nib like a real pen and you use it as such ! i was highly impressed
Push click closed second push click open.

Yes thanks for that . It all works well but I still need a rubber band to hold the door against the plug when charging do you or is your spring powerful enough ? My car is parked of a night in an ally which is a bit of a wind tunnel and if it never had the rubber band on it would flap ( pun intended) about like an elephant's ear lol

Normal position when the flap is open is at 90 degrees to the car. The spring holds it open at that position. So yes, when it's windy you'll need something like an elastic band (or better, soft hairband) to hold the flap against the plug to stop it getting caught by the wind, against the spring pressure.

I've got a couple of hairbands threaded onto the cable which I put behind the two hook shaped bits on the inside edge of the flap if I need to.

Thanks richr looks like you do the same as me albeit with a hair band .time to raid the granddaughter's gear I think . Now I don't feel so silly using an elastic band on an expensive car. Next project will be to waxoyl the underneath using the ramps I just got . I will have a look on the forum to see if there are any recommendations and ammount needed

Back