Charging my half charged battery again

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NS633

Is it good for the battery to charge it when half of the battery is used?
And to unplug it at anytime that I want,though the battery isn't fully charged?

NS633 said:
Is it good for the battery to charge it when half of the battery is used?
And to unplug it at anytime that I want,though the battery isn't fully charged?

Probably a lot better than fully cycling it every time. Charging stops as soon as you press the button to release the plug, so, no problem either.

You can half charge stop in between whatever. But in my experience it is better to use all EV miles and then charge to full by home charger apparently better for battery life and I also found that the predicted range is better when you do this.

It is a Lithium-Ion battery. Multiple part-charging the battery is better for battery life than full cycles all the time. Having said that, given that Mitsubishi appears to have gone to some trouble to make the system as robust as possible, it should not make too much of a difference. All these recommendations are made on basis of small consumer-grade batteries with limited safeguards.

Somewhere in the handbook bible it says not to top-up small amounts when nearly fully charged. Suppose that also means you shouldn't brake or paddle if the car has just been fully charged :eek:

You might have noticed that using the paddles does not work on a full battery, nor electric braking. The system only activates after a certain amount of electricity has been used.
This warning is meant to avoid attempts to overcharge the car.

Back