Charging question...

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I8Binners

Does the charging stop when it is full? I leave mine on for 7/8 hours on average but it will be at full charge say after 6 hours so do I get charged the extra 2 hours or does the car just stop drawing the juice?

thanks

when you plug in ( and if you don't have a delayed start time set ) the display in front of the Steering wheel will show a PLUG symbol and after a few min it will display a charge duration, its an approx time and only seems to be in 15min blocks - alternatively the iPhone/Android APP will show the same data...
when the battery is fully charged the flow of current is turned off ( it actually reduces gradually over the last 45min or so... )
you can safely leave it plugged in as if you set a PRE-HEAT/demist/cool function timer it will restart the charger to keep the battery topped up - ALL the vehicles services draw power from the BATTERY, the mains supply is only connected to a charger in the car.

Back