Charging through the std charging cable ???

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jkwilly

Hi everyone
when i charge my Gh3x through the std charging cable it shows on the dash around 32 miles i've used the cable 4 time and the average is 31miles shown at full charge. Through my Rolec wall unit max 26 mile shown at full charge does this happen the anyone else im wondering if the Rolec is cutting off a little early !

Wow. That shouldn't be the case as they essentially have the same electronics in them to in terms of EVSE and as I understand it the charging is handled by the onboard electronics, but when you say it you make me realise I think I had the same experience!

Charging on the 13A before my 16A was fitted I nearly always saw high 20s and sometimes 31-33(Mid Nov to Mid Dec), now I am on the Rolec unit I rarely see more than 25 at the moment, even on recent more tepid days (10-12C)

Strange.

the figure at the end of the charge is relative to the recent driving style. So if you drive slowly / gently / some downhill to work, and recharge using 13A you may get 30 miles indicated at the end of the charge. Then drive home (faster/or uphill) and the 16A charger may say 20 mile indicate range at the end of the charge. As an example.

the easiest test is how much range did you actually get on the same type of journey from 13A v 16A. Unless you have some way of measuring how much charge went into the battery from empty to full, eg 12Kw from 13A but only 11.1Kw from 16A. (For example).

hope that helps decide if you have a faulty charger or not.

Back