Cleaning petrol off block paving

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rgilyead

My PHEV has dripped petrol onto my block paving leaving stains (I overfilled the tank and the drive slopes). Anyone successfully used cleaning agents to remove such stains? Are the ones that dry to a powder easier to use?

I had problems several times with a volvo diesel a few years back.
Caramba Oil stain remover did the job!
It's a fluid that turns white when dry....
Affordable and good.

rgilyead said:
My PHEV has dripped petrol onto my block paving leaving stains (I overfilled the tank and the drive slopes). Anyone successfully used cleaning agents to remove such stains? Are the ones that dry to a powder easier to use?

I doubt it, petrol is highly volatile which evaporates quickly leaving little or no residue - when I was a lad we used to use it to clean components happily breathing in the fumes :eek: If there are stains then it suggests that the petrol has actually damaged the block paving by reacting with something in them or at best dissolved grease etc. already there :(

Turns out it was oil leaking from a broken seal on the back axle electric motor. I bought myself some organic oil remover http://www.smartseal.co.uk/cleaning-products-accessories/oil-remover.htm and have so far applied it 3 times with gradual success. It does say that it might bring oil out of porous surfaces so may take more than one application. I think it will take several more before producing an acceptable result.

Back