Closing the gap with ACC

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NAPpy

Does anyone know if Mits can adjust the closest setting with ACC from 3 seconds to two seconds?

I find the gap it leaves is just too tempting for people to jump in at 3 seconds.

Cheers

NAPpy

I kinda like the gap, especially when the car in front of me decides to brake sharply. If somebody wants to jump into it, so be it - his problem if the guy in front slams on the anchors in just that moment...

I agree the shortest difference is way too long. When you approach somebody that is slower your car will adjust its speed. You can either settle for the lower speed or move to the fast lane. When you decide for the fast lane, you will be eligible for a fine for occupying the fast lane for no reason. And annoy faster drivers while you're at it.

As the owner of a GXh4 without the ACC option (sadly the wait for one with ACC and the colour I wanted was October!) will someone tell me if the system behaves like the one on older BMWs?

IN the BMW if someone pulls in between you and the car in front the system thinks the car you were following suddenly braked and stops your brakes. Is this the case with MMC's ACC?

If yes, I wont feel so bad about not having ACC :mrgreen:

jaapv said:
No- it reacts rather mildly, but in extreme cases the FCM may come in pretty sharply.

Can I also ask, when the car "reacts sharply" aka brakes automatically, will it light up the brake light too? Or the brake light will only light up when you brake yourself ;)

Thanks...

I have never driven behind myself ;) but AFAIK, yes, the brake lights do come on. " Braking" using the paddles does not light them up.

jaapv said:
I have never driven behind myself ;) but AFAIK, yes, the brake lights do come on. " Braking" using the paddles does not light them up.

Thanks... Pheewww.... :)

Back