Contacting Mitsubishi....

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NS633

Is there any specific link for me to contact Mitsubishi motors?
I'm not talking about my local dealer.
I need another option. Maybe USA? or UK?

Steel188 said:
So we can offer sensible guidance, for what purpose do you need to communicate with MMC?
I need to know some info regarding my MMCS,DRL's

I recall from our previous conversations that although you live in Sri Lanka (where the PHEV is officially available from the authorised importer) you chose to short circuit your local lead times and imported a Japanese home market version of the car. Furthermore, as you would expect, your car complies with the market regulations in Japan with regards to DRL's and your MMCS is in Japanese and appears to be different from those fitted elsewhere in the world.

I fail to see how contacting Mitubishi Motors directly, either in Japan, USA or any where else will help you. Your car is fully compliant with the rules and regulations for its intended place of use, why do you think it can be altered by simply changing a relay or a fuse?

Long gone are the days when you could alter anything on a car with a set of spanners and a free couple of hours. These cars employ more computer power than NASA had to put a man on the moon; they are massively complex machines with so many software systems all talking to each other that it wouldn't surprise me if it even knows what my favourite food is!!! (I jest)

You must not assume, especially with Home market cars, that you can fundamentally change anything that would require different parts on the production line or market specific alterations to the software.

You made the decision to buy this particular car because you wouldn't wait for the official one for your country to be launched that is fully supported by your local importer and dealer network, you must live with it I'm afraid.

Steel188 said:
I recall from our previous conversations that although you live in Sri Lanka ...
You made the decision to buy this particular car because you wouldn't wait for the official one for your country to be launched that is fully supported by your local importer and dealer network, you must live with it I'm afraid.
Regardless of everything you wrote, why is the TS not entitled to reach out to Mitsubishi 'for some info regarding his MMCS and DRL's'? Is that for you to decide?

With all due respect, what a crap answer. Especially after asking for some more details "so we can offer sensible guidance" .... It almost looks like you set a trap for him :evil:

anko said:
Steel188 said:
I recall from our previous conversations that although you live in Sri Lanka ...
Regardless of everything you wrote, why is the TS not entitled to reach out to Mitsubishi 'for some info regarding his MMCS and DRL's'? Is that for you to decide?

With all due respect, what a crap answer. Especially after asking for some more details "so we can offer sensible guidance" .... It almost looks like you set a trap for him :evil:

You might understand my situation.

anko said:
Steel188 said:

And I think you don't know any information regarding my local Mitsubishi dealer.

Here are some information that you missed when you searched about my local dealer,
1.I bought my vehicle at a price of less than 25% of the local dealers price.
(I've mentioned how much I've spent on my vehicle in another post)
2.The 2nd hand market is so low for the cars which are bought from the local dealer.
3.As a side effect of No.2,all the other pvt importers have started a competition within them.
4.There are no any WARRANTY options for the local dealers vehicle.
The local dealer only provides the noraml warranty,which is applied worldwide.
5.There are no customized aero body kit versions with the local dealer.
6.I have my vehicle under a special Warranty service calles STERLING,they provide me a vast range of services.(Vehicle glass coating,Waxing,Foam wash......etc)Everything free! But the total cost is less than the local dealers price.
7.When it comes to accidents,they provide every service that I need.If it's a replacement,they will deliver it to my doorstep and they'll fix everything if needed.

Here are some of the information you need,but there is more.
What did you get when you bought your vehicle from your local dealer?
And the only disadvantage that I have is the Language of the MMCS
and the DRL's
And I'm sure that there should be a way to increase DRL brightness,BECAUSE IT'S THE SAME LIGHT WHICH IS USED IN THE NON-HYBRID version of OUTLANDER!
That's my main point.
And this vehicle is fully computerised,you know that very well.
So there should be an option.
I've discovered everything on my vehicle except the Language changing option.
And this is not my first experience on a japanese controlled vehicle. :)

Dear Anko,

The OP is perfectly entitled to contact whoever he wishes, anywhere in the world and I asked the question about what he wanted to find out about, in case it was something other than the two topics mentioned, which are the subject of several posts that he has started. It certainly wasn't a trap. I was hoping for a new subject that would lead to the usual lively, good humoured and well informed debate that we all love.

Dear NS633,

You are correct, you instigated an entire thread about what people have paid for their cars, and you will remember that the US$ 75,000 (equivalent, you paid in your local currency) did raise a few eyebrows as it is far more than most of us can pay and there were posters sympathising with your local tax regime.

Future trade in price is a consideration for a private buyer, but you do get the chance to shop around when that time comes.

You are correct in that the local authorised dealer offers the manufacturer warranty, which appears to be standard across the globe. We are fortunate here in the UK that a three year service package is available for £500, when buying the car new. Other markets will have different incentives, some will have none.

It would appear that the STERLING package you have is a service arrangement with a few extras, which I am pleased you are happy with. Again, I can only speak about the UK, but the accident management arrangements you mention are pretty run of the mill items, that are easily provided as part of an insurance package.

I have commented on your love of the body kit before, sowill not discuss it again here.

My car is part of my salary arrangements with my employer, and as such we had no influence over the purchase arrangements. All I know is that I call a dedicated phone number to arrange all service, maintenance and repairs. But private, UK based buyers comment in this forum that deals are there to be done.

My point about your DRL's is that although they may be a standard unit such lights are a very grey area in the Japanese regulations (again as discussed at length before) They aren't technically legal, but then again neither are they illegal, so their power and brightness is controlled to comply with this very vague regulation. One should never assume that changing a fuse, relay or bulb will improve matters, it may well need a single character in the millions of lines of code held by the car to be amended, and that may not be possible even if the car is outside the market for which it was originally approved.

Knowing how different the Japanese language is, it would not surprise me if there were a home market MMCS and a 'rest of the world' version. I really do hope that you get lucky and prove me wrong.

You say there should be an option to make these changes, my point is that if these changes aren't needed for the car's country of origin, there MIGHT be the option but there doesn't have to be.

I hope I have covered everything here, it is never my intention to stifle interesting debate and the asking of valid questions, but there are some circumstance where one has to stand on ones own two feet and discover that Google is your friend and can provide the answers you seek far more quickly than logging on to this forum and asking a question.

Regards to all,

jaapv said:
Easily found, it is all there:

http://bfy.tw/7ozx

Should I call them?
Or should I contact them by email?

BTW I've searched' that before.
Thanks jaapv.

Claymore said:
Maybe not exactly the right part of the Japan main office to contact but I received quick service from them and if it's the wrong department ask them to forward to the correct one;

[email protected]

JimB

Thank you.
I'll see to it.

Back