Don’t know the wifi password. How do i know? Help

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had the same issue. I went to the dealer / service shop and they reset the wifi module and gave me the new password.

If you have an OBD-II adapter you can find the password with an free software - mmcodingwriter

We're in the same boat- 2018 Outlander PHEV GT purchased used in 2023. Didn't have the password anywhere in the documentation that came with the vehicle (only one key too). Asked at the dealer yesterday when I brought it in for the 45K service and they wanted $225US to reset the WiFi module.

Since the app apparently only allows the user to a) pre-heat the cabin when in WiFi range (in our home since the vehicle is parked in our driveway normally) and b) set the charge timer (correct me if I'm mistaken) we decided it wasn't worth it- we live in temperate California Bay Area and already have a time of use electrical tariff (I think).

Not completely. The ability to pre-heat on demand rather than a timer is a useful feature in Winter (or pre-cool in Summer)
No your right that would be. Unfortunately 99% of the time I try and connect it fails and my phone reverts to my home wireless. I’ve given up trying although thankfully East Anglian rarely requires pre warming! Pre cool might be nice though.

I think the app has improved with the recent update. However, the weak wifi signal and the need to switch to my mobile network manually can be annoying. I've disabled the auto-connect feature for my home wifi, which has helped prevent frequent disconnections.

We're in the same boat- 2018 Outlander PHEV GT purchased used in 2023. Didn't have the password anywhere in the documentation that came with the vehicle (only one key too). Asked at the dealer yesterday when I brought it in for the 45K service and they wanted $225US to reset the WiFi module.

Since the app apparently only allows the user to a) pre-heat the cabin when in WiFi range (in our home since the vehicle is parked in our driveway normally) and b) set the charge timer (correct me if I'm mistaken) we decided it wasn't worth it- we live in temperate California Bay Area and already have a time of use electrical tariff (I think).
That's basically all the app is useful for. And you can set timers for both climate and charging in the car. So the only useful thing is on demand climate.

Well I guess if you have the factory fit head unit the app is less useful, but for me it means I can set the auto-lock, mirror fold etc which I can't access from the non-std Mitsu head unit in the car.

I don't seem to have any issues connecting even with my home WiFi set to auto-connect, it just switches when the app tries to link to the car. I have tho disabled android's 'unused app' tidy up for apps I only occasionally use so perhaps its trimmed the permissions if you're having issues connecting?

Back