ecocity charge points change

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

duetto

they used to charge to 80%, stopped recently on the m3 service and it now stops at 60% the range on that % is just not worth the half hour or so wait.

anyone else come across this. Hopping this was a faulty set up and not a new change.

Odd - mine charged to 80% from no bars in 21 mins at Fleet M3 North last Saturday and the same on the new M25 services on Sunday.

Have always had it charge from flat to 80% in 21 mins at all the various Ecotricity chargers I have used across the country and one in Calais.

Never had a charge last 30 mins - possible 23 mins tops

CJ

CJ1045 said:
Odd - mine charged to 80% from no bars in 21 mins at Fleet M3 North last Saturday and the same on the new M25 services on Sunday.

Have always had it charge from flat to 80% in 21 mins at all the various Ecotricity chargers I have used across the country and one in Calais.

Never had a charge last 30 mins - possible 23 mins tops

CJ

Same for me, I just went zero to 80% at Hopwood in 20 minutes.

Only time a charge got cut short for me was when I was had Aux power on and went to power off but as its habit now did so with my foot on the brake so went to ignition on instead! There was a big clunk and the charge terminated early.

I know I was lucky because some people have been left stranded after doing that!

I still put aux power on before plugging in, and leave it on until the charge has finished and I am unplugged, that way you can have the radio on and watch the charge on the screen. No problems if you stay away from the big button!

BobEngineer said:
I still put aux power on before plugging in, and leave it on until the charge has finished and I am unplugged, that way you can have the radio on and watch the charge on the screen. No problems if you stay away from the big button!

No point in a GX3h and you want to listen to MW, the feedback would probably blow your speakers.

How much charge did you have when stopped? I seem to remember someone posting a similar experience when they quite a lot left. In other words the charger didn't want to do only a small top-up.

greendwarf said:
How much charge did you have when stopped? I seem to remember someone posting a similar experience when they quite a lot left. In other words the charger didn't want to do only a small top-up.

Usually if you are above 5 or 6 bars when you start the charge on an Ecotricity point it will go to 95% instead of 80% but will take a lot longer e.g. My last one started at 17miles EV range remaining (10 bars left) - it took 32 minutes to reach 95% and indicated 15 bars and 34! EV miles :lol:

Normally from --- EV mile it takes 22 to 24 minutes to give 80% and usually shows anywhere between 19 and 23 miles EV, Funnily enough, it seems to actually DO that amount of mileage on EV within a mile either way. Plus the following morning after a 13A charge at home, it always displays 30 - 35 miles EV.

Only done it 19 times so I am still experimenting and keeping records.

BobEngineer said:
Only time a charge got cut short for me was when I was had Aux power on and went to power off but as its habit now did so with my foot on the brake so went to ignition on instead! There was a big clunk and the charge terminated early.

You mean you can start a rapid charge when in 'ACC'?? I thought it had to be off.... been listening to my iPlayer radio on the phone at rapid chargers all this time..... :oops:

jdsx said:
BobEngineer said:

You mean you can start a rapid charge when in 'ACC'?? I thought it had to be off.... been listening to my iPlayer radio on the phone at rapid chargers all this time..... :oops:

I get one when I need a cup of tea and a toilet break - 22 mins exactly! I can't see the point of not stretching my legs etc, while I have the chance. That is probably why I have only used a fast charger 19 times in the last 6 months.

jdsx said:
BobEngineer said:

works for me, I then set the MMCS to the power flow screen, and you can watch the battery bars light up (apart from the last 2).

There is a setting for how long Aux stays on in the MMCS, you may need to set it longer if you have it set for a short time otherwise it will power off before your finished.

Back